Senior Social Media Executive (Digital Marketing)
Clarion’s Digital Marketing Division is the home of two market-leading brands Traffic & Conversion Summit & Affiliate Summit. Affiliate Summit runs the biggest affiliate marketing events in the world, and attracts thousands of advertisers, networks, agencies and affiliates from the US and across the globe. Traffic & Conversion Summit is the biggest independent digital marketing conference in North America, we have a mind-blowing pedigree of speakers including Logan Paul and Lisa Vanderpump. We don’t run your typical conference, so if you’re looking for a bunch of guys in grey suits, we might not be for you. We bring together SMEs, bloggers, Instagram influencers and the world’s largest ecommerce brands. Our Vegas show sells out every year, and as EVERYBODY (including your granny) is now shopping online we continue to grow at double digit rates. An opportunity has arisen within the Digital Marketing team at Clarion Events to work on both of our fantastic brands. The Senior Social Media Executive role is an exciting and challenging role that will work in tandem with the rest of the marketing function to grow the events, expand the brands into new geographies and engage our key stakeholder audience. This is your chance to work on the biggest event in the US digital marketing industry and learn from some of the best marketing thought leaders.
The Senior Social Media Executive will play a key role in driving overreaching company goals predominately through social media marketing, copywriting, content creation and campaign analysis. The ideal candidate will be someone who is ready for the next step in their career and has demonstrated passion, and has proven experience in creating a social media strategy using social media to deliver outcomes for a business (whether that is driving awareness, leads or sales)
Reporting in to the Senior Campaign Manager you’ll work alongside to deliver marketing objectives across the Digital Marketing Events Portfolio to drive performance. You should have a proven track record of delivering business outcomes through social media.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a team player and have the ability to organise their time to manage multiple projects. They will also have a passion for data and awareness of the online customer journey as we view these as being vital to deliver the social strategy.
Social Media Strategy
- Working with the Senior Campaigns Manager to develop and implement our overall social media marketing strategy for promotions as well as retention across organic and paid
- Working closely with the wider team to understand events schedule, and to collaborate on overall messaging integration with acquisition campaigns and organic social in order to hit the event goals and KPIs
Social Media Creation & Management
- Oversees all Digital Marketing social media accounts management
- Develops engaging, creative, innovative content for regularly scheduled posts across all channels, which enlightens audiences and promotes brand-focused messages
- Coordinates social media messaging with advertising agency, third parties and quarterly or seasonal company goals
- Working closely with the content team to craft engaging copy for social media tying in with overall business plans and objectives
- Sharing copy and social media schedule with the team to ensure alignment across the entire promotional schedule
- Works with other departments to develop social media timelines coinciding with event schedule updates, ad campaigns, or other brand messages
- Optimizing content for publication across various social media platforms
- Scheduling copy for release at optimal times
Analysis & Insight
- Creating and reporting on KPIs for our social media promotions across organic social
- Provide insights based on key KPIs and in-house social media activity to the Senior Campaign Manager and work with them to implement and optimize the paid media strategy
- Develop and update channel reporting that tracks KPIs on a regular basis to uncover actionable trends, insights and forecasts
- Continued learning about social media marketing and the entire digital marketing industry through attending events, reading, listening to podcasts and webinars.
- Identify key industry and social media trends, tech and innovations to deliver new and exciting social media campaign plans.
- Exploring the potential value of social media sites that are not yet in our repertoire
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in digital marketing with a solid understanding of the digital media landscape.
- Extensive Knowledge of Social Media Platforms and their algorithms (preferred Instagram, Facebook & LinkedIn)
- Firm grasp of Sprout Social or other social media management tools and its integrations.
- Excellent copywriting skills and asset creation
- The use of canva and adobe creative suite preferred
- In-depth knowledge of social media performance metrics and assessment of performance
- Ability to conduct quantitative data analysis in order to determine program effectiveness, and lead volume trends
- Excellent copywriting skills and asset creation
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Ability to work with data sets and interpret trends
- Project managing all of the activity and processes required to proficiently run campaigns
- Effective communicator who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Organised, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise relevant tasks
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Amy.Llambias@clarionevents.com