Senior Sales Executive (Gaming)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Sales Executive to work on The Baby Show portfolio, the UK’s leading consumer shows in this sector.
This is a dynamic opportunity for the successful candidate to drive the future success of these combination events taking place 3 times a year. They will be able to hone their skills and further develop as a sales professional in a vibrant, energetic, and successful team. They will be part of a focused sales team, and drive sales by selling both sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
The candidate will be part of a dedicated team on these events working closely with the Marketing, Operations, and Finance teams. Working as part of the Enthusiast Department within Clarion Events they may have the opportunity to be involved in other events.
The ideal candidate will have solid sales experience with a proven track record in making high volume outbound sales calls with success. They will be assertive and confident, with excellent customer service, along with a practiced sales ability, and possess a hunger to reach and exceed set targets. They will have a natural tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem-solving. The ideal candidate will also be able to work calmly to a consistently high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure, and have the ability to multi-task whilst managing workload.
- Sourcing and contracting of new business and management of incremental growth from existing business.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors and the rest of the show team.
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce.
- Ability to vet/be selective and source appropriate new exhibitors that fit with the brand values of the events and target audience.
- Understand and support the Sales Manager with the management and curation of the floor plan in conjunction with the Sales and Operations Team
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new clients.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and producing mailings and general office correspondence.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance as required.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner including managing and being able to report on their sales pipeline on a regular basis.
- Acting as a support to the sales effort including other Sales Staff
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate – with other team members.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- Representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Solid and proven results/experience as a Senior Sales Executive.
- Experience within exhibitions is desirable.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors.
- Experience using a CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure.
- Understands the benefits of face-to-face customer engagement, which is the bedrock of exhibition sales.
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales, with a keen eye for detail.
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome) Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Clarion is private equity-backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/) Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count. Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com