Senior Sales Executive - Enthusiast
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sales Executive to work in Clarion’s Enthusiast Department across the Spirit and Arts portfolio with primary focus on the Spirit of Christmas Fair including the House & Garden Festival and the two Art & Antiques Fairs Olympia.
The Spirit of Christmas Fair is the market leading shopping consumer event with a loyal and dedicated exhibitor base.
Combined, this portfolio presents market-leading Summer and Winter shopping experiences for discerning exhibitors. The Fairs attract small boutique, specialist exhibitors across retail, interiors and art and antiques. Exhibitors are vetted to guarantee quality ensuring each event’s product content is unrivalled and held in high regard within their market.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future success of this fantastic portfolio of events, hone their skills and develop as a sales professional in a vibrant, energetic and successful team.
The ideal candidate will have solid sales experience with a proven track record in making high volume outbound sales calls with success. They will be assertive and confident, with excellent customer service, along with a practiced sales ability and possess a hunger to reach and exceed set targets. They will have a natural tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving. The ideal candidate will also be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure, and have the ability to multi-task whilst managing work load.
- At the heart of this role is the sales function. Its success will be determined by the sourcing and contracting of new business and by the management of incremental growth from existing business
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce
- Ability to vet/be selective and source appropriate new exhibitors that fit with the brand values of the events and target audience
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Sourcing relevant and show enhancing new business across the portfolio
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and producing mailings and general office correspondence
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site
- Maintaining key customer care objectives
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner including managing and being able to report on their sales pipeline on a regular basis
- Acting as a support to the sales effort including other Sales Staff, and the Show Director
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate – with other team members
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Solid and proven results/experience as a Senior Sales Executive level
- Experience within exhibitions is desirable
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors
- Knowledge of a CRM system would be advantageous in particular Salesforce
- Ability to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure
- Understands the benefits of face-to-face customer engagement, which is the bedrock of exhibition sales
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales, with a keen eye for detail
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point and has good written and oral communication skills
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving
To apply, please contact Charlotte.Brown@clarionevents.com