Senior Sales Executive
A great opportunity has arisen for a Senior Sales Executive to work on The Baby Portfolio within the Enthusiast department. You will be working on The Baby Shows which are the UK’s leading events for everything parent and baby and also our virtual Baby Show Live @ Home products.
The candidate will inherit a number of warm existing accounts across the portfolio and be responsible for introducing new innovative brands. This role will require experience in cross selling due to the correlation of brands between the events and products. The events are highly regarded and eagerly anticipated for a return in the physical sense and we will be expected to deal with a high volume of inbound enquiries and returning exhibitors all while sourcing new partnerships and exhibitors.
This is a great opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future success of this fantastic portfolio of products, hone their skills and develop as a sales professional in a vibrant, energetic and successful team.
The ideal candidate will be assertive, confident with a practiced sales ability. They will have a hunger to reach and exceed set targets and adopt a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving. The ideal candidate will also be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure, and have the ability to multi-task whilst managing work load across a number of events.
- At the heart of this role is the sales function. Its success will be determined by sourcing and contracting new business and by the management of incremental growth from existing business.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce.
- Ability to understand, manage and refine a sales pipeline.
- Ability to vet/be selective and source appropriate new exhibitors that fit with the brand values of the events and target audience.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Sourcing relevant and show-enhancing new business across the portfolio.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and producing mailings and general office correspondence.
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows.
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner.
- Acting as a support to the sales effort including other Sales Executives, Sales Manager & Show Manager.
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions.
- Visiting clients when necessary/appropriate - with other team members.
- Liaison with the finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Solid and proven results/experience at a Senior Sales Executive level.
- Experience within exhibitions is desirable.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of events and the sales process needed to contract exhibitors.
- Knowledge of a CRM system would be advantageous, in particular Salesforce.
- Be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure.
- Understands the benefits of face-to-face customer engagement, which is the bedrock of exhibition sales.
- Demonstrates a hardworking and conscientious approach to sales, with a keen eye for detail.
- Is proficient in Word, Excel, Power-Point and has good written and oral communication skills.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving.
To apply, please contact email@example.com