Senior Operations Executive (Connexa)
We have an exciting opportunity in the Confex Operations team for a Senior Operations Executive. The role will be dedicated to the Connexa team, (which is an exciting and booming business within the Clarion Group) and will focus on the operational delivery of all their Senior Level, Invite-only Summits.
Connexa is a growing business, which is adding new and exciting events to its schedule each year. These events gather senior decision makers, who participate in a number of high level presentations / round tables, join in exclusive networking functions and engage in pre-scheduled 1-2-1 business meetings with relevant solution providers. The role will work across a number of Technology focused events, such as Payments, Delivery & Logistics, Cyber & Data, in a variety of sectors, including Financial Services, Retail, Travel & Hospitality.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate good experience of delivering high quality events and an ability to cope in high pressure situations and a fast paced environment while never taking their eye off the important details.
- Lead and manage the operational delivery of a number of small to medium sized events in the UK, Europe and United States from conception to completion. Connexa currently runs 12 events each year.
- Work across multiple events at one time, managing timelines and meeting relevant deadlines for each project.
- Form part of the portfolio management team alongside the Head of Sales, Marketing Manager and Portfolio Director, collaborating effectively to find new ways to improve processes and develop the event experience for clients.
- Manage event operations budgets, future planning & forecasting in line with budget expectations and report to the Event Director
- Supplier sourcing, contract negotiation and management of relationships with venues and all suppliers
- Knowledge and understanding of venue contract and terms and conditions terminology
- Liaise with the event team including production, marketing, sales, and finance to ensure maximum awareness of all event elements
- Able to think outside the box and come up with innovative ideas that make their events stand out
- Responsible for setting up and managing the partnering application for each event. Working with the provider and the sales team to improve the tech to ensure the best possible customer experience.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed information for sponsors and attendees.
- Ensure delivery and fulfilment of all sponsorship packages as sold by the sales team, such as sponsored items, functions, dinners, etc.
- Design and manage venue layouts and floor plans.
- Manage the whole design process for the event signage.
- Methodical filing and record keeping
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers and sponsors pre-event and onsite. The ability to remain calm in high pressure environments is important.
- Consideration and management of health and safety issues and decisions; compiling a full and comprehensive health and safety file for the events including risk assessments
- Accurate and timely communication of cash flow for all operations costs, ensuring internal payment processes are followed and payments are made on time
- Post show evaluation and development
- Available to travel worldwide
- Attend training courses as directed by Line Manager
- Collaborate with other operations teams across the business and take part in working groups
- Build strong relationships with our customers and deliver great customer service when dealing with exhibitors and delegates.
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behavior:
- Proven experience in the international conference industry
- Proven experience working with event apps and websites
- Keen to embrace and learn to use new technology and IT systems
- Experience of working on multiple projects at one time
- Proven experience of creating and managing small event operations budgets and delivering on target.
- Familiar with the e-Guide & g-Guide and experience of managing onsite Health & Safety
- Understanding of event Health & Safety requirements – preferably IOSH Managing Safely qualification.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to take responsibility
- Able to work within a team
- Organised and methodical
- An astute negotiator
- A customer-first mind-set
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Prepared to work long hours and weekends
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
- Effective time management
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Charlotte.Wood-Dow@clarionevents.com