Senior Marketing Operations Manager (ITC Europe)
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Senior Marketing Operations Manager to join the Confex team responsible for ITC Europe, Phacilitate and Energy Council events. This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders. A successful candidate will be data and insight driven with a strong understanding of marketing KPIs and marketing automation technology.
You will work within sectors, and in partnership with the Senior Marketing Leads and Portfolio Directors, to establish best data practices, procedural rigor, operational and process improvement, and analytical insights. Utilising our marketing technology platforms, including Pardot, Power BI, Salesforce and Explori, you will be a champion of data, connecting it throughout the customer journey, and generating the insights that will shape our digital and live event propositions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for analysing data trends, building audience development strategies, owning the management of the database and quality of leads, and recommending channels, strategies and techniques to increase lead generation across target markets. Utilising our marketing technology platforms, you will be a champion of data, connecting it throughout the customer journey, and generating the insights that will shape our digital and live events and products.
- Comprehensively understand business objectives and cross-functional team goals and translate these in to optimised processes for campaign planning, data segmentation and performance measurement
- Own the marketing database management strategy that ensures data integrity, supports complex segmentation, and enforces legal governance; partner with the brand marketing and central data teams to ensure data hygiene in our customer databases
- Work with brand teams to manage, enhance and optimise the end-to-end customer data journey aligned to a defined data model
- Collaborate with commercial and brand teams to identify and implement processes to increase sales opportunities through refined lead management strategies
- Identify industry trends, innovations or technologies to increase data sets within new markets
- Utilise dashboards in Power BI to provide visibility and insight of customer data universe engagement, behaviours, segmentation and sentiment
- Continuously monitor customer NPV and identify trends to feedback actionable insights to brand teams that influence our product development roadmap
- Build audience development plans in line with target markets & data gaps
- Monitor data quality and own the integration between our marketing automation platforms
- Assist with running complex data queries to segment and personalise data sets
- Assist with and lead targeted data research projects in key growth areas and new projects
- Draw insights from data and share recommendations with the team
- Create and distribute monthly reports to monitor data trends and benchmark KPIs
- Establish brand/campaign KPIs and success metrics around data to provide reporting and insight to support decision making
- Work with brand teams to enhance and optimise the end-to-end customer data journey aligned to a defined data model
- Continued learning about marketing technologies and automation
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Excellent knowledge of marketing automation and CRM technology (Pardot desirable not essential)
- Experience working with and generating insights from data visualization platforms (Salesforce Einstein and Power BI ideal)
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate complex data into concrete business recommendations
- Experience in areas including database management, insight development, audience segmentation and data enrichment
- Experience in developing implementation roadmaps and processes around new technology
- Experience in operational benchmarking and metrics including acquisition rates, conversion
- rates, database growth, lead nurture, engagement, MQL/SQL
- Proficient in bringing together a wide mix of source data through the journey into insight Marketing Automation Expert – unlocks the capability of marketing automation to reduce manual process, optimise dataflows and enhance customer experience
- Commercial Connector – ability to connect the dots between commercial goals, data, process, insight and people that enables successful decision making
- Insight Obsessed – driven to understand ‘why’ and takes the initiative to identify trends and gaps that others may look past to uncover new routes to success
- Voice of Customer – A respected voice that utilises qualitative and quantitative feedback to constantly refine our understanding of customers and empowers our teams with this knowledge
- Data Steward – guardian of our customer data who curates its health, growth, engagement and richness to extract maximum value for our business
- Confident Communicator – A respected voice with good verbal and written communication skills that can translate complexity into simplicity for a range of stakeholders
- Extremely high data curiosity
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Passion to make lasting change
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org