Senior Marketing Executive, Travel (Enthusiast)
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Marketing Executive in the Enthusiast department within the Travel Portfolio which includes the Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Shows and the Caravan, Motorhome & Travel Show.
The Destinations Shows (London and Manchester) are the UK’s leading consumer travel events. It attracts over 80,000 passionate travellers to discover the very best in new holiday experiences and the latest travel hotspots. Sponsored by The Times & The Sunday Times, we also work with leading travel magazine, Wanderlust, plus Stanfords to host The Travel Writers Festival with inspirational talks from explorers, adventurers, historians, novelists, TV personalities and many more.
The Caravan and Motorhome Show, is the largest show of its kind in the north of England, offering the biggest choice of leisure vehicles, holiday homes and holiday activities to consumers.
As an integral part of the show team, the Senior Marketing Executive will work closely with the Show Manager, Brand Director, Marketing Operations Manager and will report into the Marketing Manager, who will provide leadership and support for the planning and implementation of campaigns within a customer-centric environment. Personal development support will be given to enable the right candidate the opportunity to progress within the portfolio and Clarion.
We are looking for an experienced individual to assist the Marketing Manager with the delivery of highly focused marketing campaigns to drive visitor attendance. The candidate will have experience of planning and implementing campaigns on time and to budget. The ideal candidate should be an exceptional team player and have the ability to manage their time effectively and independently. Ability to work well in a fast paced environment is a must. Candidates for this role should have experience in a similar role.
- Contribute to the development of customer-centric marketing strategies
- Assist in the planning and delivery of multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Content creation - writing and proofing copy for a range of marketing channels including websites, emails, social media and print collateral
- Maintain and update event websites
- Plan and implement email campaigns
- Managing social media channels
- Write design briefs and work with the creative team to produce various collateral/assets for print adverts, magazine inserts, direct mail and digital activity
- Build relationships with key partners, sponsors, media, influencers and exhibitors
- General liaison with PR agency
- Compile and report on campaign effectiveness providing recommendations on opportunities for growth
- At the events – support the delivery of the at-show marketing campaign and event delivery process
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Experience of implementing successful multi-channel campaigns
- Excellent attention to detail, strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills.
- Experience of building email campaigns and marketing automation (knowledge of Pardot ideal)
- Good understanding of databases and segmentation techniques (knowledge of Treasure Data ideal)
- Understanding of tracking and response reporting
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Enthusiastic and confident attitude with a problem-solving approach to tasks
- An understanding of the travel and leisure vehicle markets is ideal, but not essential.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Clarion is private equity-backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count. Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org