Senior Marketing Executive - Enthusiast
A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Marketing Executive in the Enthusiast department within the Travel Portfolio which includes the Caravan, Motorhome & Travel Show and Destinations: The Holiday & Travel Show may also arise.
The candidate will work primarily on the Caravan and Motorhome Show, the largest show of its kind in the North of England, offering the biggest choice of leisure vehicles, holiday homes and holiday activities.
As the leading UK travel event, The Destinations Shows (London and Manchester) attract over 80,000 passionate, active and affluent travellers to discover the very best in new holiday experiences and the latest travel hotspots. The event is sponsored by the Times and also works with Stanfords to host the Travel Writers Festival with inspirational talks from explorers, adventurers, historians, novelists, TV personalities and many more.
The Senior Marketing Executive will report into the Marketing Manager who will provide leadership, support and guidance on the planning and implementation of campaigns, within a customer-centric environment. Personal development support will be given to enable the right candidate the opportunity to progress within the portfolio and Clarion.
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, articulate and dedicated individual to assist the the Marketing Manager with the delivery of highly focused and powerful marketing campaigns to drive ticket sales. The candidate will have a good understanding of the marketing discipline and ideally have an understanding (but not essential) of the factors that drive the leisure vehicle and travel markets.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be an exceptional team player and
have the ability to manage their time effectively and independently. Ability to work well in a fast paced environment is a must.
Candidates for this role should have experience in a similar role.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of the event marketing campaigns
- Contribute to development of customer-centric marketing strategies
- Contribute to the production of the post-show reports, and recommend improvement areas
- Assist in the delivery of all multi-channel marketing activities ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets
- Write and proof copy for website, social media, emails, and digital/printed collateral
- Write design briefs and work with the creative team on delivery
- Write, build and send promotional emails, using Pardot and monitor performance
- Day to day website updates
- Set up and fulfil media partners and paid advertising agreements
- Contribute to the planning, and implementation of social media
- Build relationships with key partners, sponsors, media, influencers and exhibitors
- General liaison with PR agency
- Support the Marketing team with any other tasks as required to deliver the campaign and provide an amazing show experience for the audience
- At the events – support the delivery of the at-show marketing campaign and event delivery process
- Experience in implementing successful multi-channel marketing communications campaigns
- Understanding of the core marketing disciplines
- Experience of building email campaigns and marketing automation in Pardot ideal
- Good understanding of databases and segmentation techniques (working knowledge of Treasure Data desireable)
- Understanding of tracking and response reporting
- A knowledge of both on and offline marketing
- Previous experience of updating and maintaining websites
- Financial awareness and budgeting understanding
- Experience in the events or travel markets would be beneficial
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and a hard work ethic are essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative.
- A quick learner
- A team player
- Calm under pressure
- Enthusiastic and confident attitude with a problem-solving approach to tasks
- Creative thinker
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good understanding of the marketing disciplines
- Planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail, strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills.
- Excellent grammar and copy writing skills
- Literate and numerate
- Financial awareness
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org