Senior Email Marketing Executive (Digital Marketing)
Clarion’s Digital Marketing Division is the home of two market-leading brands Traffic & Conversion Summit & Affiliate Summit. Affiliate Summit runs the biggest affiliate marketing events in the world, and attracts thousands of advertisers, networks, agencies and affiliates from the US and across the globe. Traffic & Conversion Summit is the biggest independent digital marketing conference in North America, we have a mind-blowing pedigree of speakers including Logan Paul and Lisa Vanderpump. We don’t run your typical conference, so if you’re looking for a bunch of guys in grey suits, we might not be for you. We bring together SMEs, bloggers, Instagram influencers and the world’s largest ecommerce brands. Our Vegas show sells out every year, and as EVERYBODY (including your granny) is now shopping online we continue to grow at double digit rates. An opportunity has arisen within the Digital Marketing team at Clarion Events to work on both of our fantastic brands. The Senior Email Marketing Executive role is an exciting and challenging role that will work in tandem with the rest of the marketing function to grow the events, expand the brands into new geographies and engage our key stakeholder audience. This is your chance to work on the biggest event in the US digital marketing industry and learn from some of the best marketing thought leaders.
The Senior Email Marketing Executive will play a key role in driving overreaching company goals predominately through copywriting, email marketing and campaign analysis. The ideal candidate will be someone who is ready for the next step in their career and has demonstrated passion, and has proven experience in writing, creating and analyzing email campaigns for business.
Reporting in to the Senior Campaign Manager you’ll work alongside to deliver marketing objectives across the Digital Marketing Events Portfolio to drive performance. You should have a proven track record of delivering revenue through email marketing. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a team player and have the ability to organize their time to manage multiple projects. They will also have a passion for data and awareness of the online customer journey as we view these as being vital to deliver the email strategy.
- Working with the Senior Campaign Manager to develop and implement our overall email marketing strategy for promotions as well as retention (including lead nurture programs)
- Develop contact strategies that not only target the appropriate consumers but also develop audience bases that are optimized for retention.
- Working closely with the wider team to understand events schedule, and to collaborate on overall messaging integration with acquisition campaigns in order to hit the event goals and KPIs
Email Campaign Creation & Management
- Email campaign creation – including copy writing, graphics, emails, templates and landing page content.
- Managing the promotional campaign calendar across attendee and sponsor/exhibitor campaigns
- Ensure email campaigns are aligned with all channels including social media and have been communicated to the wider team ahead of time, including social, marketing ops, campaign marketers, sales, content, CS
- Creating and managing email marketing landing pages – from building the landing page, to running A/B testing and interpreting results
- Creating and managing data segments within the Customer Data Platform to use across email campaigns
Analysis & Insight
- Creating and reporting on KPIs for our email promotions
- Manage channel reporting that tracks KPIs on a regular basis to uncover actionable trends, insights and forecasts
- Measuring campaign performance and analyzing key metrics to optimize campaign effectiveness
- Developing and maintaining nurture reporting methodology, reports, including performance metrics for nurture
- Using data in conjunction with the support of the Senior Campaign Manager to inform future strategy in order to provide intelligence to encourage profitability and growth.
- Development of a continuous test and learn approach across channels – ensuring that we are optimizing our email campaigns by running split tests and evaluating performance to increase conversions.
- Continued learning about email marketing and the entire digital marketing industry through attending events, reading, listening to podcasts and webinars.
- Identify key industry trends, tech and innovations to deliver new and exciting email marketing campaign plans.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in online marketing. Solid understanding of the digital media landscape.
- Experience with industry leading ESPs and marketing automation tools (Pardot and Treasure Data preferred)
- Experience of Salesforce CRM (or similar)
- In-depth knowledge of email performance metrics and assessment of performance
- Ability to conduct quantitative data analysis in order to determine program effectiveness, and lead volume trends
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, list management and deliverability
- Excellent copywriting skills
- In-depth knowledge of landing page performance metrics and best practice
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS and general email design principles
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Ability to work with data sets and interpret trends
- Project managing all of the activity and processes required to proficiently run campaigns
- Effective communicator who is comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Organized, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize relevant tasks
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Amy.Llambias@clarionevents.com