Senior Conference Producer
Phacilitate is a portfolio within Clarion specifically dedicated to advanced therapies, providing events, market intelligence and content marketing to audiences globally. Our philosophy is that in a disruptive, cutting-edge industry like ours no single person or entity has all of the answers. By fostering a community and bringing people from across the whole industry together, we are coming ever closer to achieving the ultimate goal of improving patient care and developing commercially viable curative treatments.
Our mission is to help advance the next pillar of medicine. This mission informs everything we do and is a testament to our passion for Advanced Therapies over the past 17 years.
Due to continued growth of our flagship Advanced Therapies portfolio, we have a very exciting opening for a Senior Conference Producer to help us grow the success of our virtual, US and European events as well as digital content.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious team with an ethos on building success through collaboration with each other and with customers. We are looking for an individual whose personal values align with ours. These are:
1. We dream big
2. We treat each other like family
3. We bring our whole hearts to work
4. We deliver on our promises
Our values set us apart from others. We lead by example by creating an inclusive environment, that empowers our team, business and community to thrive. We are guided by the Phacilitate vision of improving commercialisation journeys for every biotech working in advanced therapies, and when you work with us, your voice will play a key role in helping us work towards this. If these values sound like you, and is a culture that you’d enjoy being part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Senior Conference Producer will be working closely with the Head of Content and will be
responsible for delivering the content strategy, product development and delivery of live and digital
events. Their key responsibility will be to ensure commercial success of the products and increase
customer engagement/satisfaction on content.
Research and development
- Conduct quarterly research with 25+ customers to develop a deep understanding of our target personas and their needs
- Contribute towards the quarterly research report and work with the Head of Customer to update the customer playbook
- Work alongside the Head of Content to conduct quarterly lunch and learns with the team to brief them on your 365 research findings
- Work with marketing to build our 365 research database in line with our target personas
- Use your 365 research to:
- Build commercial and diverse agendas across live and digital products- accountable for commercial validation of agendas and events. Ensure there is a good buy/sell side split
- Propose new commercial, customer-centric product ideas and put together a solid vision/goals for your event
- Guide digital content strategy
- Manage speakers in the lead up to events so that they have all required event information and are prepped and ready
- Liaise successfully with operations, sponsorship and marketing teams to maximise the impact of our agendas
- Develop deep relationships with speakers that will allow them to progress from speakers to Phacilitate advocates
Responsible for commercial validation of products
- Work alongside the Head of Content to build a strong inventory and confirm price points for inventory items, allowing the sales team to excel targets
- Work closely with sponsors to develop content/presentations that meet customer need
- Identify new sponsor targets and revenue growth opportunities
- Deliver product briefs that help sales and marketing understand the product and how to commercialise it
Event manage Advanced Therapies Europe
- Promote and develop the ATE brand internally and externally
- Work with marketing, Head of Content and the Portfolio Director to define product offering
- Schedule and lead project meetings and ensure all functions are hitting deadlines
- Responsible for hitting event objectives and revenue goals
Industry engagement/personal brand building
- Engage with a wide and diverse cross-section of the market and generate interest in the brand, in partnership with Head of Community.
- Develop your network on social media channels to promote yourself as a thought leader within advanced therapies
- Assist in the creation of digital content for the Phacilitate content platform. This could be in the
form of speaker interviews, webinars, blog posts, e-books.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Solid experience in conference production
- Background in life science production is desired but not necessary
- Market knowledge - you must be prepared to quickly understand the various technical and
- scientific-based topics that form our various products
- Values: integrity, authenticity, customer care and honesty, alongside Phacilitate values listed
- Digital event experience
- Strategy development
- Commercially minded
- Strong copy writer with good attention to detail
- Effective in communication and collaboration
- Quick to grasp concepts and understand the value proposition for different stakeholders
- Brand focus
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative
and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive
we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading
global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and
To apply please contact Kimberley.Barnes@clarionevents.com