Senior Business Development Manager (Internet Retailing and Payments)
eCommerce is rocking. Online sales boomed during the pandemic and the way people shop has changed forever. And yet there are more changes to come. Channels such as TikTok are set to be the biggest routes to market and brands are increasingly cutting out the retailer and finding ways to sell direct to consumer.
Clarion’s eCommerce and Payments division runs three market leading shows – IRX, IRX @ DTX + UCX and Transport Ticketing Global. Major clients include the likes of Trustpilot, Shopify, Visa and Klarna. And whilst we’ve benefitted from a growing market, we are also reaping the rewards of a constant focus on customer satisfaction. Our CSAT and NPS scores have all seen big rises and we have an even more loyal customer base than before – a great platform for growth.
The opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Manager to join our team and support our growth. You’ll be selling to major ecommerce tech brands as well as new businesses looking to break into the market. You’ll “own” your sector and it will be your responsibility to grow this part of the shows, manage your existing clients and find new business. If you like the idea of growing your own sector, delivering solutions that work for your customers and being at the heart of a growing business, this is the role for you.
This is a role for a driven sales professional who takes pride in beating targets. You’ll be equally happy seeking out new business and managing existing clients. You’ll be passionate about finding the best outcomes for your clients. You’ll be constantly seeking the best brands for our events and you’ll take pride in growing our events. You’ll enjoy being part of a project team.
- Achieving revenue targets
- Growing your area of responsibility – you’ll own a market segment so it’s up to you to make the most out of it
- Prospecting and securing new business to support growth
- Managing existing accounts, increasing their satisfaction and yield
- Using Salesforce to record activity and conversations, manage your pipeline and give accurate forecasts
- Tracking personal and team sales against target and identifying opportunities and risks in the sales campaign
- Managing and overseeing floorplans
- Collaborating with other members of the project team to deliver exceptional outcomes for the event and your clients
- Mentoring junior members of the team – with a view to potentially taking on development opportunities
- Keeping abreast of the competitive landscape including visiting competitive events
- Feed in to the event strategy with feedback from your customers
- Liaising effectively with operations and finance to ensure excellent customer experience
- Attending the events that you work on and achieving onsite rebook targets
- Achieving activity KPIs at all times
- Being an ambassador for the brand maintaining high personal standards and levels of customer service
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a sales role, preferably selling on tech events
- Proven new-business sales experience
- Ambitious, self-motivated and driven to exceed targets
- Strong team player who has the ability to carry themselves and others around them
- Problem solver who can find practical solutions
- Curious and eager to learn
- Ability to build rapport with new and existing customers
- Clear and confident communicator, able to report to managers and above
- Ability to plan for the short, medium and long term
- High level of activity
- Working knowledge of salesforce preferred.
- Behave in line with Clarion values – Passion, Care, Imagination & Trust
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org