Senior Account Executive - Retail
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Account Executive to work within the Retail Team across our fantastic events The Furniture Shows, Top Drawer and Home & Gift.
The ideal candidate will have solid media or exhibition sales experience, with a proven track record in making high volume outbound sales calls with success. They will be assertive and confident, with excellent customer service along with a practiced sales ability, and possess a hunger to reach and exceed set targets. They will adopt a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving, be able to work calmly to a consistently high level of output - especially when busy and under pressure - and have the ability to multi-task whilst managing workload across a host of channels.
The successful candidate will join an ambitious high-performance sales portfolio and become a key player in our continued growth. They will be able to develop new revenue streams, both internally and through discussions with key clients, as well as delivering existing products according to set budgets. They should have a great sense of team spirit and highly tuned motivational skills. A thorough understanding of floorplan management and sales promotional skills is also necessary. The role will also work closely with the Marketing, Digital and Operations teams.
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential sellers/ exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with sellers, exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team.
- Maintain and beat KPI’s set on Salesforce across the department.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas.
- Sourcing relevant and show enhancing new business across the portfolio.
- Handling enquiries on the telephone, by email and producing mailings and general office correspondence.
- Liaising with the whole show team including the Marketing, Digital, Operations and Finance departments to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the events and marketplace.
- Resolving exhibitor/seller conflicts both in the office and on-site.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Ensuring that all sales administration is completed to a high and accurate standard and in a timely manner.
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions.
- Visiting clients when necessary/ appropriate – with other team members.
- Liaise with the Finance department to assist in deposit collection where necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours:
- Solid and proven results/experience as an Account Executive level or above.
- B2B digital sales experience.
- Excellent sales skills, both face to face and on the telephone including objection handling,
- negotiation, relationship building and problem solving.
- Experience working within a retail trade show environment preferred, but not essential.
- Experience using Salesforce would be preferred.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Is proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and has good written oral communication skills.
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate.
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving.
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative.
- Organised with good time management.
- Good attention to detail.
- Professional and persuasive telephone manner.
- The ability to understand business issues and spot opportunities.
- Knowledge and an interest in the retail market.
- Public relations and marketing skill.
- Creative and positive approach to problem solving.
Clarion Retail Values:
Visionaries - With an entrepreneurial spirit, we lead the way through innovative thinking, infectious energy, and unrivalled ambition.
Challengers - Never afraid to rebel against established processes and concepts, we are curious minds who are bold, brave and experimental in the delivery and execution of new ideas.
Tastemakers - Product-driven and trend-aware, we are unapologetic in our definitions of good design. Our creative and curated collections are where evolving styles and tastes are found first.
Champions - Acting as extensions of our audience’s teams, we are customer-centric in our approach. Keeping our community at our core, we are loyal, supportive and proud champions of the industry.
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.