Sales Support Executive (EnergyNet)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in one of the most exciting and fastest growing sectors in the world- Africa and Latin Americas’ Power Sector. The role is to work closely with the sales team doing both delegate sales and assisting our sponsorship teams on meetings across the whole portfolio including the market leading Africa Energy Forum.
Reporting to the DS Team Leader, within EnergyNet, the role is a partly phone based sales position where you will work to establish new and extend existing long-lasting relationships with customers through delegate sales, whilst the candidate will also need to be a highly organised individual who is both professional and commercially minded, whilst also needing strong IT skills as within the role responsibilities will include helping sales enablement and contract management to maintain our CRM system and liaising with the sponsorship team to assist with account management of key clients.
Being organised and having strong administration skills will be key within this role to support in the sales enablement process. Applicants with a keen interest in the role with the right attitude and enthusiasm will also be considered.
The position will provide an excellent training and launch ground for anyone looking to start a career in conference/events industry. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop their career within the business.
EnergyNet is a two-time Queen’s Award winning producer of investment conferences & digital dialogues for Africa and Latin America’s energy sectors. Best known for the Africa Energy Forum, the longest running Forum for decision makers in Africa’s power sector, EnergyNet also produces region-specific investment meetings focusing on the power generation potential of some of the world’s most exciting emerging markets. Recent event locations include Brussels, Washington DC, London, Lisbon, Miami, Cape Town, Cartagena, Mauritius, Lima, and Panama City. The EnergyNet team consists of around 20 people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Working as part the delegate sales team selling tickets for different events in the portfolio
- Researching the market and building relationships with cold and warm prospects for a new proposition. Both desk and telephone research.
- Assist Sales teams with admin and research of new companies
- Being Highly Organised to help Maintain Administration, Sales Enablement and Account Management for the Sales Team, including updating opportunities and sending out contracts via Salesforce
- Helping with Account Management of key clients working with Operations Team
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales team
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- Monitoring and evaluation of all competitor activity.
- Attending training courses as directed by line manager.
- Ensuring that all sales activities are accurately recorded in Clarion’s CRM (Salesforce) in line with the delegates sales role reporting and recording guidelines.
- At all times representing EnergyNet in a professional manner.
- Attending industry functions when required.
- Ensuring and assisting accounts personnel in the timely payment of all customer payments with the accounts team
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates excellent market and product knowledge
- Strong IT efficiency and knowledge of Salesforce
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communication skills
- Demonstrates high levels of productivity
- Highly organised and strong time management skills
- Demonstrates trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity-backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com