Sales Manager - Internet Retailing
eCommerce is booming. Over the past year we’ve seen online sales grow by over 50%. Whilst the high-street struggles, smart online retailers and brands selling direct to consumers are seeing sales surge.
Internet Retailing Events run the highly respected IRX show that helps retailers looking to grow online sales. Covering all aspects from marketing to platforms to delivery and fulfilment, IRX is the go-to event for the industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a respected business in an exciting and fast-growing market.
The successful candidate will have proven sales experience, particularly in developing new business and working on growing events. The candidate will be a self-starting, confident individual who is keen to develop a deep understanding of their markets and a passionate desire to be the very best at what we do. Experience of selling on tech events will be a distinct advantage.
- Achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Prospecting and new business development
- Writing and sending effective sales proposals
- Development of new accounts
- Managing existing clients and increasing their spend across our Portfolio
- Ensuring delivery for SPEX clients on-site at the events
- Managing the re-book process for your clients pre-show, on-site and post-event
- Reporting accurate commercial forecasts to the Commercial Director and via Salesforce
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors and the wider show team
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Taking an active role in Spex marketing and working with the marketing team on Sales Drivers and ways of sourcing new leads
- Working knowledge of Salesforce system
- Accurately recording sales on the Salesforce system
- Performing any other ad hoc duties as required
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience in an events sales role
- Experience of working on technology events would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid understanding and ability to demonstrate core sales skills
- Ambitious, driven to succeed, passionate about growth
- Good negotiator with ability to successfully deal with objections and close
- Professional standard of presentation at all times
- Administration skills - organised and well-prepared
- Ability to meet deadlines and work comfortably under pressure
- Demonstrate Clarions core values - Passion, Care, Imagination and Trust
- On occasion, perform outside your core job description if required
To apply, please contact Stuart.firstname.lastname@example.org