Sales Manager (Enthusiast)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented Sales Manager to work on the Spirit of Christmas Portfolio the UK’s leading festive consumer show in addition to Spirit of Summer and the well-established Olympia Art & Antiques Fairs.
This is a dynamic opportunity for the successful candidate to have an input in the future direction and success of these combination events taking place in June with over 500 exhibitors and November with over 800 exhibitors. They will be able to hone their skills and further develop as a sales professional in a vibrant, energetic and successful team. They will manage a sales team, drive sales selling both sponsorship and exhibition opportunities as well as developing sales strategies and initiatives to ensure the ongoing growth of the events.
The ideal candidate will be a high-performance experienced professional able to be assertive and confident, with excellent customer service focus, along with a proven high volume sales ability. They will have a hunger to reach and exceed set targets and understand sales analytics to enhance performance as well as adopt a tenacious ‘can do’ approach to creative problem solving. They will also be able to work calmly to a consistent high level of output, especially when busy and under pressure, and have the ability to multi-task and lead the Sales Team.
The successful candidate will be part of a dedicated team on these events working closely with the Marketing, Operations and Finance team. Working as part of the Enthusiast Department within Clarion Events you may have the opportunity to be involved in other events.
- Sourcing and contracting new business and management of incremental growth from existing business
- Tele-Sales calls to existing and potential exhibitors in order to meet and beat sales revenue targets across a portfolio of brands.
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with exhibitors, sponsors, partners and the rest of the show team
- Lead the vetting / selection process in conjunction with the House & Garden Magazine as well as target and source appropriate new exhibitors that fit with the brand values of the events and target audience whilst maintaining a balance of products
- Curation and management of the floor plan alongside allocation of stand space in conjunction with the Sales team, Show Director together with the Operations Team
- Keeping abreast of market developments, identifying and researching new growth areas for sales
- Liaise with the Marketing Team to ensure they are appraised of all aspects of the content of the Event
- Drive digital opportunities working closely with the Show Director and Marketing Team
- Collating and producing sales plans and reports as required including predicting future sales and managing pipelines
- Providing feedback on performance and compliance on KPI’s to direct reports using Salesforce metrics, whilst maintaining their own personal high sales behaviours demonstrated on Salesforce
- Ensure all sales administration is completed to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Researching and conducting sales campaigns to attract sales
- Liaising with the whole show team including marketing, operations and finance to ensure maximum awareness of each element of the shows
- Resolving exhibitor conflicts both in the office and on site
- Work on site during the buildup, open period and breakdown
- Maintaining key customer care objectives
- Attending industry functions when required (including occasional weekends) and visiting relevant UK and international based exhibitions
- At all times representing Clarion Events in a professional manner
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Solid and proven results/experience as a Sales Manager
- Confident partnering with automated technology driven parts of the sales process – the ‘hand off’ and ‘take up’ of customer led tasks
- Experience within exhibitions is desirable
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communication skills both oral and written and proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Professional and persuasive telephone manner
- The ability to understand business issues and identify opportunities
- Ability to negotiate and build rapport effectively
- Strong objection avoidance and objection handling skills
- Be able to build trust and credibility amongst customers and potential customer base
- Demonstrates ability to take ownership of tasks and to problem solve quickly creatively and positively
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with attention to detail
- Works well under positive direction but has the ability to self-motivate and motivate the sales team
- Takes pride in their work, is assertive, confident and creative
- Knowledge and an interest in the consumer luxury market
- Ability to build excellent market and product knowledge
- Understands the benefits of face-to-face customer engagement, which is the bedrock of exhibition sales
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do.
We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org