Sales Director (Clarion Events Asia)
We are looking for a Sales Director for Clarion Events Asia (CEA) and it's portfolio of regional brands. Reporting to the Regional Managing Director, the Sales Director will be responsible for managing and developing the commercial teams of each brand portfolio with a view to accelerating year on year growth across stand space, sponsorship and digital revenues.
The role will include; managing the day to day output of the commercial team; providing detailed reports on progress against plans and forecasts; developing relationships with stakeholders and helping inform commercial strategy for Clarion Events Asia.
Our portfolio of brands includes events & digital content in property, energy & utilities, oil & gas and insurance. This is a regional role, based in Singapore, serving our commercial teams in CEA’s Singapore and Indonesia offices.
- Commercial revenue accountability for CEA
- Adhere to CEA’s business KPI’s, and ensure the team do the same
- Identify and implement (where possible) extra revenue streams
- Lead, mentor and support a high performing team of sales managers and sales executives to sell and promote products and services
- Ensure the sales plan is being delivered on target and budget and activity targets (outbound call volumes and face-to-face meetings) are met
- Develop a campaign strategy with the sales team that meets and exceeds targets including overall numbers of exhibitors, exhibitor mix, stand sales, sponsorship inventory, yield and sponsorship and digital revenues
- Through research, analysis, developing relationships and market intelligence, to implement commercial strategies and initiatives to ensure the on-going growth and sustainability of the event - writing a commercial business plan for the event (updated bi-annually)
- Set, monitor and evaluate performance targets, using Salesforce
- Ensure that marketing strategy is aligned with the event’s commercial objectives, including vertical and horizontal activity
- Understand the trends and develop the brands commercially
- Attend relevant industry events to network, regionally and globally
- Lead commercial team relationships with supporting departments, ensuring they are aligned to the event's business objectives
- Full financial reporting and forecasting responsibility
- Provide and manage a strategic event floor plan with the Operations team - designed to meet the budget target, adhere to the operational delivery requirements. This also includes optimizing the visitors experience and ensure constant and consistent visitor stand traffic for exhibitors and sponsors
- To undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by the Regional Managing Director
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Strong commercial acumen, relationship builder and contributor of ideas
- Success in setting and achieving high-level targets for a large-scale event
- Experience working with trade shows
- Ability to coach, lead and mentor a team to deliver sales targets
- Effective communicator both internal and externally
- A hungry, motivated and competitive self-starter
- Extensive experience managing sales teams
- Ability to grow existing revenues
- Ability to deliver new business revenues
- Experienced in managing complex floorplans
- Experience of managing international sales and sales agents
- Extensive experience using CRM system, namely Salesforce
- Experience and expertise in financial reporting
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders
- Adept at networking and able to socialise productively
- The successful candidate is expected to build stronger relationships with our customers and deliver great customer success.
- They will have a customer-first mind-set,
- We put our customers at the heart of what we do, so it is important that you do too.
- Creating and delivering marketing campaigns that align with the Customer Value Journey as per each product and persona, ensuring each campaign is delivering on set KPIs
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com