Production Assistant (EnergyNet)
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in one of the most exciting and fastest growing sectors in the world- Africa’s Power Sector. The EnergyNet team is made up of around 20 people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive and collaborative environment. The role is to work closely with the Group Director on the flagship event – The Africa Energy Forum - which will attract over 20 Ministers of Energy, 3000 participants and 380 high level speakers. The position will provide an excellent training and launch ground for anyone looking to start a career in conference production. The right candidate will be given the opportunity to develop their career within the business.
EnergyNet is a multiple award-winning producer of investment conferences & digital dialogues for Africa and Latin America’s energy sectors. Best known for the Africa Energy Forum, the longest running Forum for decision makers in Africa’s power sector, EnergyNet also produces region-specific investment meetings focusing on the power generation potential of some of the world’s most exciting emerging markets. Recent event locations (pre-pandemic) include Lisbon, Miami, Cape Town, Cartagena, Lima, and Panama City. The EnergyNet team consists of around 20 people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive and collaborative environment.
- Work with the Group Director to plan and deliver the biggest most respected forum in the world on developing Africa’s power sector, which will be taking place in Brussels in June 2022 (the event moves to a new country each year and will move to Kenya in 2023).
- Work with the Group Director to confirm relevant speakers to participate on the forum, this will include.
- Government Officials at Ministerial level, and CEO’s of multinational organisations.
- Work with Group Director to organise and deliver the high level forum in person.
- Connect with all 380 speakers to request their bio data details and help them prepare for their speaking roles.
- Keep the internal database updated with conference speaker details.
- Develop strong relationships with speakers, sponsors and partners of the forum and ensure they are receiving all the forum details and updates.
- Work with the team to create customer satisfaction, loyalty and advocacy.
- Support and where needed and lead additional projects related to the forum including networking sessions, fund raising events and target workshops.
- Work closely with the rest of the EnergyNet team to prepare and deliver the forum to an exceptionally high standard, this includes the marketing, sales and operations teams.
Knowledge & Skills and Behaviours:
- Strong ability to engage people over the phone and in person.
- Confident and is able to build rapport and lasting relationships with senior level players, including, CEOs Government representatives and Ministers.
- Should be willing to learn about and understand client needs and turn that in to delivery action points.
- Excellent organisational skills and able to deliver the event to high standards on the day
- Strong project management skills.
- Must have an eye for detail.
- Should be able to worfk calmly under pressure and tight time deadlines.
- Excellent team player.
- Language skills would be an advantage (French, Portuguese, Spanish) but not essential.
- Experience working in Africa and an energy sector would be an advantage but not essential.
- An interest in Africa’s energy and infrastructure sector and a strong willingness to learn about the sector
- Must be available to travel to events when needed.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com