This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in one of the most exciting and growing sectors in the world - Africa’s Power Sector. The EnergyNet team is made up of around 20 people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive and collaborative environment. The candidate will work closely with the Group Director and Portfolio Manager to conceptualise, produce and deliver EnergyNet’s portfolio of events focused on developing Africa’s energy sector.
EnergyNet is a multiple award-winning producer of investment conferences & digital dialogues for Africa and Latin America’s energy sectors. Best known for the Africa Energy Forum, the longest running flagship forum for decision makers in Africa’s energy sector which attracts over 20 Ministers of Energy and over 2000 participants. EnergyNet also produces region-specific investment meetings focusing on the power generation potential of some of the world’s most exciting emerging markets. Recent event locations include Lisbon, Brussels, Washington, Cape Town, Cartagena, Lima, Panama City, Nairobi and Dar es Salaam.
- Support the Group Director on the flagship event – the Africa Energy Forum as the second producer.
- Work towards managing and leading a high quality portfolio of events focused on the development of Africa’s energy sector.
- Guide the project and your team – including sales, marketing and delegate sales.
- Conduct in-depth market and industry research over the phone and in person to develop strong topical and commercially successful event agendas.
- Investigate and generate new topic ideas in alignment with global and regional trends, and provide direction to the conference content.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders, shareholders, committee members, advisors, associations and senior government representatives including Ministers.
- Work with the, Group Director and Portfolio Manager to produce strategy for future direction of the events.
- Manage long term supporters as well as connect with and build relationships with new clients, speakers and media partners.
- Work with the marketing team in the successful promotion of the events.
- Write promotional copy for the event programmes.
- Work with and direct the sponsorship team and delegate sales team to ensure commercial targets are met.
- Work with the Portfolio Manager to manage the budget for the event.
- Excellent management of conference onsite, including dealing with speakers and delegates and logistical arrangements to ensure flawless delivery of the event.
Knowledge & Skills and Behaviours
- Immediate start required.
- Previous experience in a similar role producing high level conferences with demonstrable success in growing both the delegate and sponsorship revenue through the production of commercial programmes is a must.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- French speaking preferred – both verbal and written but not necessary.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven ability for strategic thinking and forward planning.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Knowledge or interest in Africa’s energy sector.
- Must be highly organised.
- Team player.
- Dedication, commitment and strong work ethic.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.
- Strong relationship developer, will be able to develop larger advisory boards of senior industry buyers and leverage these relationships to drive sales and commerciality of the programme.
- A strong copy writer, able to clearly communicate an effective value proposition across their team.
- Proven experience in developing new topics and launching events profitably.
- Proactive, results driven, and highly motivated.
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com