Operations Manager - Gaming
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic Operations Manager to work within the Gaming Operations team. We are looking for an organised and pro-active individual who can fit into our busy
and hardworking team, leading the delivery of the iGB Affiliate exhibition series.
The position would suit an experienced individual motivated by the impact their critical eye can make.
The role will mainly be office based, but will also work onsite at events. Therefore, any candidates applying should be willing to adapt to the onsite environment with all its unique pressures.
- Overseeing and managing the operational delivery of the exhibitions from conception to completion.
- Overseeing delivery of digital products & video capture coordination.
- Day to day leadership of the Operations Executive and / or Operations Assistant.
- Creating and managing of event operations budget, future planning and forecasting.
- Working closely with the Portfolio Director and/or Event Director and any other parties to determine the desired onsite experience.
- Delivering functional and inspiring show features that contribute towards an exceptional customer experience.
- Working with contractors, exhibitors and venue to ensure the onsite build, open and breakdown phases of the show comply with all local regulations and corporate Health and Safety standards.
- Completing the required risk assessments and CPP for each event in a detailed fashion.
- Considering health and safety issues; implementing and monitoring of appropriate measures
- Compiling a full and comprehensive Health & Safety file for the show, ensuring all documents are thoroughly checked and verified.
- Attending appropriate and relevant training on health and safety as well as engaging with the company’s in house training programme
- Working with the Sales team to design and manage the floor plans.
- Driving the development of improved sponsorship offerings to enable Sales team to drive additional revenue.
- Ensuring the show is built to the correct plan and specifications; in close liaison with key contractors.
- Managing contractors and suppliers pre show, on-site and post event.
- Designing and co-ordinating delivery and pullout schedules.
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from exhibitors and contractors in the office and onsite. The ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environments is key.
- Plotting, design and production of appropriate signage schedules.
- Overseeing the ordering of all furniture and equipment needed on site.
- Methodical filing and record keeping, arranging meetings, keeping minutes and follow up correspondence.
- Overseeing the production of the exhibitor manual and information packs for exhibitors.
- Managing appropriate staffing levels during the exhibition.
- Post show evaluation and development.
- Participation in regular internal team meetings as well as external client meetings.
- Build strong relationships with all stakeholders, internally and externally.
- Participate in the company’s Operations Group.
- To ensure that the events run smoothly, professionally and come in on budget.
- To develop the onsite experience of the exhibition and ensure it is exemplary.
- To support professional development of the Operations Executive and / or Operations, including; setting clear objectives and completing appraisals.
- To maintain good levels of communication between exhibitors, contractors, the team and the venue management.
- To ensure Health and Safety practice is maintained both on site at the exhibition and in the office environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Experience in the exhibition industry
- Experience of using digital event platforms / delivering digital products
- Knowledge of video capture
- Experience of managing a team
- Financial Experience/Budgetary Controls
- Experience in organising a large scale event
- Experience in managing numerous contracts on an event
- Understanding of operational, venue and local authority procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve problems under pressure
- Health and Safety (IOSH qualified)
- Organised and methodical
- Strong Social and Communication Skills
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for tasks
- Able to work within a team and independently
- Problem solver
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management
- Flexible approach to working hours – working weekends and evenings when required onsite
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiator to manage costs
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Keen to embrace and learn to use new technology and IT systems
- Able to manage time effectively
Computer skills needed:
- Microsoft word and excel
- Familiar with the internet and email
- Experience with working with project management systems
- Experience with working with CRM systems
To apply, please contact Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org