Operations Assistant - Gaming
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic Operations Assistant to work within the Gaming Operations team. We are looking for an organised and pro-active individual who can support our busy and hardworking team in organising a variety of leading gaming products, including; ICE London, ICE 365 and the iGB Affiliate series.
The role will mainly be office based, but will work onsite at events when required. Therefore, any candidates applying should be willing to adapt to the onsite environment with all its unique pressures.
- Work as part of a team delivering the operations for large exhibitions, supporting on various key tasks with guidance and support from a manager.
- Oversee the running of digital products and event elements including; platform set up, speaker liaison, and live webinar coordination with guidance and support from a manager.
- Production and timely communication of correct and detailed technical manuals for exhibitors with the support of a manager.
- Host educational calls with exhibitors to demonstrate platform functionality.
- Responding quickly and calmly to queries from exhibitor’s pre-event and onsite.
- Collating quotes and orders for live event requirements with the support of a manager.
- Arranging travel, meal and hotel arrangements for staff within a pre-set budget.
- Raise the necessary purchase orders and sign off invoices.
- Keeping all show administration up to date. For example, managing exhibitor lists, undertaking floor plan audits, supplier lists, special requirements and processing all relevant forms.
- Ensure phone calls are made to new exhibitors, providing additional support to their participation at the event and/or product.
- Liaising with all departments for each product to ensure the Operations Department receive up to date and correct information in a timely manner.
- Attending show meetings and taking minutes for circulation to all departments. Minutes should be relevant to all parties involved in each product.
- Participating in regular floor plan checks, to include communicating any changes to the external floor plan department and overseeing their work.
- Assisting with general office management such as monitoring of stationery needs and placing orders and keeping all store areas tidy and well organised.
- Preparing the Operations equipment and documents to be transported to site. For example, copying floor plans, exhibitor lists and schedules, packing all necessary items and arranging their transportation.
- Assist the Operations team with any other ad hoc tasks as required.
- Collaborate with other operations teams across the business and take part in working groups
- At all times represent Clarion Gaming in a professional manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
Relevant and useful experience:
- Experience in the events industry (not essential)
- Experience of digital and/or video products (not essential)
- Customer management
- Managing travel arrangements
- Working with hotels and/or venues
- Meeting deadlines and resolving problems under pressure
- Organised and methodical
- High attention to detail
- Strong social and communication skills
- Productive approach
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility for tasks
- Able to work within a team and independently
- Problem solver
- Flexible approach to working hours – working weekends and evenings may be required onsite
- Able to manage time effectively
- Work calmly under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking
- Good communication skills – able to deal with a broad range of people at every level
- Keen to embrace and learn to use new technology and IT systems
Computer skills needed:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in using internet and email
To apply, please contact Richard.Logan@clariongaming.com