Marketing Operations Manager - Gaming
Marketing Operations Manager is a data driven role that has the opportunity to influence marketing campaigns, customer segmentation, product development and strategic business decisions.
You will work within the Gaming sector across multi-channel platforms in both the B2B and affiliate markets, in partnership with brand marketing teams and commercial leadership, to establish best practices, procedural rigor, operational and process improvement, and analytical insights. Utilising our marketing technology platforms, including Pardot, Power BI, Salesforce and Explori, you will be a champion of data, connecting it throughout the customer journey, and generating the insights that will shape our digital products and live event propositions
This role requires an individual with excellent analytical abilities, outstanding business acumen, and exceptional written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical stakeholders. A successful candidate will be data and insight driven with a strong understanding of marketing KPIs and marketing automation technology.
- Comprehensively understand business objectives and cross-functional team goals and translate these in to optimised processes for campaign planning, data segmentation and performance measurement
- Continuously monitor customer NPV and identify trends to feedback actionable insights to brand teams that influence our product development roadmap
- Own the marketing database management strategy that ensures data integrity, support complex segmentation, and enforce legal governance; partner with the brand marketing and central data teams to ensure data hygiene in our customer databases
- Work with brand teams to manage, enhance and optimise the end-to-end customer data journey aligned to a defined data model
- Establish brand/campaign KPIs and success metrics to provide reporting and insight to support decision making
- Utilise dashboards in Power BI and Tableau to provide visibility and insight of customer data universe engagement, behaviours, segmentation and sentiment
- Collaborate with commercial and brand teams to identify and implement processes to increase sales opportunities through refined lead management strategies to support the multi-channel sales process in Gaming
- Work closely with Group Marketing Operations to align on best practices, new technologies and cross-sector benchmarking
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent knowledge of marketing automation and CRM technology (Pardot & Salesforce highly desirable)
- Deep analytical skills with demonstrated ability to translate complex data into concrete business recommendations
- Strong experience in areas including database management, insight development, audience segmentation and data enrichment
- Experience developing implementation roadmaps and processes around new technology
- Experience in operational benchmarking and metrics including acquisition rates, conversion rates, database growth, lead nurture, engagement, MQL/SQL
- Familiarity with data privacy regulations such as GDPR and PECR
- Ideally some experience of working with and generating insights from data visualisation platforms (Salesforce Einstein and Power BI ideal)
- Proficient in bringing together a wide mix of source data through the journey into insight
- Experience of managing direct reports, providing clear direction and motivating them to deliver in a fast-paced working environment
- Data Steward – guardian of our customer data who curates its health, growth, engagement and richness to extract maximum value for our business
- Marketing Automation Expert – unlocks the capability of marketing automation to reduce manual process, optimise data flows and enhance customer experience
- Commercial Connector – ability to connect the dots between commercial goals, data, process, insight and people that enables successful decision making
- Insight Obsessed – driven to understand ‘why’ and takes the initiative to identify trends and gaps that others may look past to uncover new routes to success
- Confident Communicator – A respected voice with superior verbal and written communications skills that can translate complexity into simplicity for a range of stakeholders
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to Stuart.Hunter@clarionevents.com and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.