Marketing Operations Manager - Digital Marketing
An opportunity has arisen within the Digital Marketing portfolio at Clarion Events to work on Traffic & Conversion Summit and Affiliate Summit. The Marketing Operations Manager role is an exciting and challenging role that will work in tandem with the rest of the marketing function to grow the events and digital content products, expand the brands into new geographies and engage our key stakeholder audience. This is your chance to work on the biggest brands in the US digital marketing industry learn from some of the best marketing thought leaders.
The Marketing Operations Manager will play a key role in driving and overreaching company goals, predominately through reporting, analysis and optimization, data management and marketing automation. The ideal candidate will be someone who has demonstrated passion, and has proven experience in being data driven as well as building, managing and optimizing marketing automations and the use of various marketing technology.
Reporting in to the Head of Marketing, you’ll work alongside them to deliver marketing objectives across Traffic & Conversion Summit and Affiliate Summit to drive performance. You should have a proven track record of delivering growth through campaign, data and process optimization.
The ideal candidate will have excellent analytical abilities, as well as great communication skills. They are a team player and will have an excellent understanding of marketing KPIs and passion for marketing technology.
- Build and maintain effective and scalable processes for marketing automation
- Own the integration between our marketing automation, CRM and other solutions in the marketing tech stack to ensure a seamless experience for customers moving from one stage of the customer value journey to another
- Manage lead flow and data processes including lead capture, data enrichment and cleansing, lead assignment and lead scoring to increase commercial opportunities through lead generation for sales and direct online sales
- Own the marketing database management strategy that ensures data quality, supports audience segmentation and data hygiene
- Work with Group Marketing Operations to ensure our data-gathering processes remains compliant with privacy regulations and surface insights to inform marketing strategy
- Establish KPIs and design and maintain marketing performance and campaign-specific dashboards and reporting to support decision-making
- Use reports and dashboards to analyze campaign results, draw insights from data and share recommendations with the team.
- Manage ongoing calendar of website maintenance and optimization projects which enhance our ability to capture and convert organic web traffic.
- Using data to inform future strategy in order to provide intelligence to encourage profitability and growth.
- Work alongside the team to develop a continuous test and learn approach across channels
- Identify key industry trends, innovations or technologies that can drive growth.
- Work closely with Group Marketing Operations to align on best practices, new technologies and cross-sector benchmarking.
- Continued learning about marketing technologies and automation as well as the entire digital marketing industry through attending events, reading, listening to podcasts and webinars.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in online marketing.
- Solid understanding of the digital media landscape.
- In depth knowledge of marketing performance metrics
- Excellent ability to work with data sets, interpret trends and provide analysis and recommendations based on data that support our goals
- Driven to understand “why” and takes the initiative to identify trends and gaps
- Experience working with and integrating industry leading marketing technology tools like Pardot, ActiveCampaign, Sprout Social, Salesforce CRM, chatbots, landing page software etc
- Excellent knowledge of best practice across email, social media, paid media, landing pages, websites and chatbots
- Deep knowledge in customer segmentation, data and list management and deliverability
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Excellent communicator – great verbal and written communications skills that can translate complex data/technology in a simple way to a range of stakeholders
- Organized, proactive and able to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize relevant tasks
At Clarion our people are at the absolute heart of what we do. We're proud that our core values of PASSION, CARE, IMAGINATION and TRUST define the way we carry out our work across all of our exhibitions and conferences. If you share our values and want to be a part of a successful, dynamic and creative global business then we want to hear from you.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and state the role that you are applying for in the subject line.