Marketing Manager - Phacilitate
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced marketing leader to join the Phacilitate team as a Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic planning and delivery of cross-channel marketing campaigns for our award winning products.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious team with an ethos on building success through collaboration with each other and with customers. We are looking for an individual whose personal values align with ours. These are:
- We dream big
- We treat each other like family
- We bring our whole hearts to work
- We deliver on our promises
Our values set us apart from others. We lead by example by creating an inclusive environment, that empowers our team, business and community to thrive. We are guided by the Phacilitate vision of improving commercialisation journeys for every biotech working in advanced therapies, and when you work with us, your voice will play a key role in helping us work towards this.
If these values sound like you, and is a culture that you’d enjoy being part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
The ideal addition to the team is a strategic thinker and an experienced marketing expert who has a proven track record of planning and executing year-round brand marketing that delivers growth for a wide portfolio of B2B products. With a range of digital platforms, working groups and live/virtual events, the candidate must be able to juggle multiple projects. The candidate will be able to interpret data to make recommendations, have experience of team management and be able to demonstrate an ability to make strategic business decisions.
Strategy and execution
- Develop a strong understanding of our products, customer and competitive landscape and coherently translate these in to effective strategies alongside the Marketing Director
- To develop and implement comprehensive year round marketing strategy connecting our customers’ needs and commercial drivers to the creation of exceptional buying journey campaign to achieve financial goals, increase engagement and brand equity.
- Working closely with the Marketing Operations Manager, use data sets in Power BI/Treasure Data to create a continuous feedback loop to management on key customer behaviours and engagement trends, making recommendations to the Marketing Director on ways to adapt the marketing strategy
- Accountable for reporting and predictive analysis surrounding yields, run rate, audience breakdown and retention sent to management (Sponsors, Delegates and Membership). Work with Marketing Director to create standard KPIs across key channels to effectively do so.
- Devise, implement, manage and measure strategies to drive engagement and conversion rates of event attendees and members, turning prospects into advocates as they progress through the customer value journey
- Fulfil strategic partnerships in order to gain maximum exposure of our products to relevant audiences and to help acquire new data
- Plan and manage SEO, organic traffic, search and visibility including oversight of page including metadata
- Develop, build and maintain key customer personas and integrate persona messaging into the team through the customer playbook
- Work with the Marketing Director to set customer metrics and update PD on how we are performing monthly against these using PowerBI/Treasure Data in the monthly customer centricity meetings
- Use the customer playbook to create/proof persona-based marketing messaging for a range of marketing platforms including websites, social media, emails and brochures to engage our audience and better align customer need with our products
- Partner with the Commercial function to develop the activities, behaviours and shared KPIs that will ensure alignment and accountability from all stakeholders
- Manage and monitor budgets, provide accurate and detailed forecasts and feed into the budget setting process
- Implement advanced marketing automation processes to create seamless digital customer experiences and create efficiencies in the team
- Take full ownership of turning insights from Power BI/CDP into actionable marketing strategies and utilise the technology to optimise how you work
Management / leadership
- Work alongside direct reports to develop a continuous test and learn approach across channels
- Be a sounding board for the Content Marketing Exec and Marketing Exec to help them deliver successful content marketing/event campaigns
- Set KPIs and quarterly objectives for direct reports, working in the sprint methodology
- To set an example with regards to the Phacilitate culture, team ethic, positivity, energy and support structures that we pride ourselves on
- Engage with the marketing community in Clarion to learn and share best practice and bring new learnings to the Phacilitate team
Knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role with a track record of planning and executing successful year round membership marketing, turning customers into advocates
- Experience in content marketing and event marketing
- Experience working with industry leading marketing technology tools like Pardot, Salesforce, Chat bots etc
- Experience of managing direct reports, providing clear direction and motivating them to deliver in a fast-paced working environment
- Budget management and forecasting
- Knowledge of advanced therapies/ the life science market preferred, but not essential
- Excellent knowledge of digital marketing practices and channels such PPC, SEO, retargeting and chat bots
- A strong understanding of social media marketing
- Outstanding attention to detail and flawless copywriting and proofing skills are essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with an ability to clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand the message
- Driven to understand “why” and takes the initiative to identify trends and gaps using data and technology available. Proven track record of translating data and insights into actionable marketing strategy.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Commercially minded and motivated to exceed targets
- Self-motivated, naturally curious and a strong sense of personal accountability
- A proactive thinker and implementer with a “can do” approach to work and who uses initiative
- A very curious person who is always asking questions
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
To apply, please contact email@example.com