Marketing Executive (Enthusiast)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Marketing Executive to work within the marketing team of Clarion Consumer Exhibitions motoring shows on 3 of the UK’s market leading events:
The Classic Motor Show has been running for over 35 years and is the leading classic car show in the UK; Practical Classics Classic Car and Restoration Show, acts as the classic season opener, with a focus on maintenance and restoration taking place live at the show; Race Retro is Europe’s premier pre-season historic motorsport event with live rally action at the show.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Senior Marketing Executive to help the Marketing Manager deliver targeted ticket sales and exhibition stands sales for the events, by assisting with the planning, organisation and execution of innovative marketing campaigns.
The Marketing Executive will report into the Marketing Manager who will provide them with leadership, support and guidance on campaign implementation, as well as personal development support to enable the candidate to grow within the company.
The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be an excellent team player and have the ability to organise their time effectively.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of the events marketing campaigns to achieve set objectives
- Contribute to development of the marketing strategy and the production of the post-show reports, providing analysis of the campaign success and suggesting improvement areas
- Assist in the delivery of all multi-channel marketing activities ensuring they are carried out efficiently and within agreed budgets
- Write and proof copy for a range of marketing assets including websites, social media, emails, and digital/printed collateral
- Write design briefs for marketing collateral, working with the creative team on delivery
- Write, build and send promotional emails, using Pardot, working from the segmented email plans, monitoring and reporting open and click through rates
- Monitor goneaway/unsubscribe notifications, updating the corresponding datasets accordingly
- Keep the event websites updated ensuring SEO and UX are maximised
- Set up and fulfil media partner and paid advertising agreements
- Contribute to the planning, and implementation of social media campaigns on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Build relationships with key partners, sponsors, media and exhibitors
- Support the Marketing team with any other tasks as required to deliver the campaign and provide an amazing show experience for the audience
- At the events – support the delivery of the at-show marketing campaign and event delivery process
- Experience in implementing successful multi-channel marketing communications campaigns
- Understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can provide
- Experience of using content management systems to update and maintain websites
- Experience using marketing automation and CRM systems
- Financial awareness and budgeting understanding
- Experience in the events or motoring markets would be beneficial
- Good interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment, whilst maintaining calm under pressure
- A quick and creative thinker
- Strong copy writing, proofing and analytical skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Competent and efficient administration practices
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Apps
- Excellent attention to detail and a hard work ethic are essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload
- Calm under pressure
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Enthusiastic and confident attitude with a problem-solving approach to tasks
- Creative and imaginative
- Organised and flexible
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity-backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact James.Maxwell@clarionevents.com