Marketing & Digital Assistant (Energynet)
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Marketing and Digital Assistant to join EnergyNet’s marketing team. The successful candidate will support the marketing team to plan, organise and execute innovative marketing and digital campaigns primarily across a portfolio of international events focused on the energy sectors of Africa and Latin America.
EnergyNet is a multiple award-winning producer of investment conferences & digital dialogues for Africa and Latin America’s energy sectors. Best known for the Africa Energy Forum, the longest running Forum for decision makers in Africa’s power sector, EnergyNet also produces region-specific investment meetings focusing on the power generation potential of some of the world’s most exciting emerging markets. Recent event locations include Lisbon, Miami, Cape Town, Cartagena, Lima, and Panama City. The EnergyNet team consists of around 15 people who are all passionate about the work we do in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Supported by the Marketing Director, Head of Digital and portfolio marketing managers, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the planning and implementation of exceptional global marketing campaigns, delivered on time and within budget. EnergyNet is expanding its digital footprint, with additional services and assets for our audiences being rapidly developed through the rest of 2022. This role will assist with the creation and administration of event marketing plans and a new digital platform, whilst supporting in the delivery of digital assets for sponsors and partners.
The ideal candidate will have a great attitude to learn, brilliant attention to detail, be creative and an excellent team player with the ability to manage multiple projects to a high standard. An excellent verbal and written communicator, able to deliver effective messages in a way that colleagues and customers understand and action. Ability to develop an understanding of energy industry and the customer landscape to create effective content.
- Creation and posting content to websites, social media and digital platforms.
- Act as the social media “champion” for the portfolio to ensure we are using Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube to maximum effect; support planning and executing posts and monitoring effectiveness and adapting as necessary
- Coordinating and posting digital assets, including working with designers, developers and clients. Using digital channels and technologies to enhance the online presence of the business
- Administering online communities, including dealing with member enquiries, transactions and curating discussions
- Maintaining and updating conference websites
- Day to day usage of a variety of platforms, including Sproutsocial, Pardot, Content Management Systems, and event management tools
- Coordination, design and execution of deliverable items to support Sponsor advocacy campaigns
- Assisting with the execution of digital and live events
- Planning and delivering cross-channel digital marketing campaigns with support from Marketing Managers in line with the event or project objectives
- Gathering performance reporting data
- Liaising with the Production, Sales and Operation teams
- Understand and support the team on managing and segmenting data, identifying gaps, developing new data sources and implementing a data build plan
- Research key media & association partners to secure valuable external promotions for the conferences
Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience in a marketing or events role in a B2B environment
- Degree in Marketing, Business or a related field desirable
- Experience using a CRM system – Pardot and Salesforce would be preferred but not essential
- Experience using a website CMS
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point
- Sound knowledge of digital marketing practices and channels such as Google Analytics, SEO, PPC and social media
- Outstanding attention to detail and a good attitude to learn is essential
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
- Energy experience would be preferred, but not essential
- Ability to learn new tools and software quickly and independently
- Literate and numerate with exemplary verbal and written English
- Spanish language would be a bonus but not essential
- Enthusiastic & confident with a problem-solving approach to tasks
- Positive attitude and passion for delivering results-driven campaigns
- Mature and reliable
- Creative and imaginative
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Easily adaptable to changing markets & situations
- Commercially minded and motivated to succeed
- The ability to articulate and be naturally persuasive
- Diligent and thorough in approach to projects
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communicator – great verbal and written communications skills that can translate complex data/technology in a simple way to a range of stakeholders internally and to customers.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Harpreet.Sohanpal@clarionevents.com