Marketing Communications Manager - Enthusiast
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic, consumer centric Marketing Communications Manager in Clarion’s Enthusiast department across the Spirit and Arts portfolio which includes Spirit of Christmas Fair, The Luxury Travel Fair, House & Garden Festival and the two Art & Antiques Fairs Olympia.
The Spirit and Arts portfolio presents multiple market-leading Summer and Winter shopping experiences for discerning consumers.
The scale of this portfolio of ‘best in market’ events attracts over 1,500 exhibitors, from small boutiques, specialist dealers across retail, interiors, art & antiques and travel. Each vetted to guarantee quality and authenticity ensuring each event’s product content is unrivalled and held in high regard within the market. Key media brand partnerships supporting these events include House & Garden, Condé Nast Traveller and The Times & Sunday Times.
These B2C events take place across two date lines each year; during June and November. Each event is well established within its market and each attracts a loyal but unique consumer audience.
This exciting new role offers great opportunity to have an impact on all of the above events. The role will work closely with the Marketing Manager to implement each marketing plan in-line with the event strategy. You will manage one Marketing Executive and an additional Marketing Assistant in the run up to each event as well as on site additional staff. You will report into the Marketing Manager, as well as work with the Fair Directors on the overall strategy for the events. The Marketing Manager and Show Director will provide the opportunity for development in addition to leadership, support and guidance on event strategy, campaign implementation, cost control and management.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, articulate and extremely competent, customer centric individual who is ready to take on the responsibilities of this Marketing Communications Manager role. The ideal candidate will have a strong set of digital skills and be ready to drive forward a comprehensive digital campaign as well as having good experience of the core principles of marketing. They will possess good leadership qualities.
Previous marketing experience, with a focus on implementing digital campaigns, as well as good communication and organisational skills and the ability to work well in a fast paced environment, across different campaigns at the same time are essential.
- Develop campaigns for marketing Spirit and Arts portfolio to achieve stated objectives of visitor numbers and admission revenue
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager to provide input into the marketing strategy
- Oversee the organisation of promotional activities, ensuring they are carried out efficiently, within agreed budgets and to agreed deadlines
- Devise and execute a continuous content strategy to encourage increased engagement of audience
- Identify different, new and complex buying audiences
- Coordinate all marketing plans and activities and communicate well with the Marketing Manager, Show Manager, Show Director, Operations and Sales teams to ensure that the plans are delivered effectively using tracking and analysis across a variety of platforms
- Plan and execute targeted digital marketing plans for web, SEO, SEM, email, social media, content, affiliates/partners and influencers
- Integral lead in managing and fore fronting targeted email campaigns, automation and segmentation through Pardot
- Work with digital agency to determine best strategy for paid digital campaigns and ensuring they are delivered with a good ROI
- Briefing designers to produce required brand creative elements to a good standard for both print and online
- Remain up-to-date with the latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
- Build and maintain good relationships with a multitude of partners across the events, ensuring we get the maximum from each partnership/sponsorship
- Manage, monitor, maintain and regularly review relationships with key suppliers to ensure highest levels of service are continuously delivered
- Support the Marketing Manager in the intelligence gathering process
- Manage the marketing communications team to ensure they are motivated, and have a clear development plan, to carry out responsibilities and achieve objectives. Manage onsite staff who will report into the role during the shows
- Develop and maintain systems and processes which enable the team to carry out and report on its activities efficiently and effectively including post campaign effectiveness reports and recommend on-going improvements
- Promote a culture of testing and change to continuously drive improvement
- Manage and monitor budgets and feed into the budget setting process
- Solid grounding/understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver
- Digital marketing knowledge including social media, content marketing and affiliate / partnership marketing with experience working hands-on with performance marketing channels (PPC, Display, Paid Social) and knowledge of latest digital trends and social features
- Understanding of databases and customer journey segmentation techniques
- Proven understanding of tracking and response reporting
- Knowledge of design and print processes
- Good understanding of budget management
- Excellent attention to detail and a good work ethic are essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload
- Competent decision maker
- Good leader and team player
- Self-motivated and determined with a strong sense of personal initiative
- Ability to build good rapport with all internal and external contacts at all levels
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to be creative
- Good IT skills – Word, Excel as well as design website such as Canva
- Calm under pressure
- Campaign management - planning, execution, tracking, and analysis across a variety of platforms
- Design and print including direct mail - experience dealing with suppliers to assist with this
- Email marketing – experience of building emails whilst being a confident copy writer
- Experience of managing a junior marketing person
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Competent and efficient in administration
To apply, please contact Helen.email@example.com