Marketing Campaign Executive (Enthusiast)
A vacancy has arisen for a dynamic, consumer-centric Marketing Campaign Executive in Clarion’s Enthusiast Department across the Baby portfolio - The Baby Show Olympia, The Baby Show ExCeL and The Baby Show NEC.
Born in 2002, The Baby Show is the leading Baby, Pregnancy and Parenting B2C Event in the UK. Taking place three times a year at ExCeL London, NEC Birmingham and Olympia London, the live show supports some 70,000 expectant and new parents, babies and grandparents every year.
With the show being the nation’s largest shopping destination for all things baby, attendees can compare, try and buy from over 200 brands. It also offers a unique visitor experience with free support, information and advice from the UK’s leading baby and parenting experts on everything from sleep, birth, breastfeeding and first aid to weaning and development.
In 2020 The Baby Show opened its doors virtually and successfully ran five online shows - The Baby Show Live @ Home. The purpose-built platform and app intuitively digitally translated our physical shows and gave our new attendees the chance to log in to three days of baby shopping heaven and leading live-streamed expert advice at anytime, anywhere.
This exciting new role offers a great opportunity to have an impact on all of the above events. The role will work closely with the Marketing Manager, Marketing Content Manager and Digital Marketing Executive to implement each marketing plan in line with the event strategy. You will report directly to the Marketing Manager and they will provide the opportunity for development in addition to leadership, support and guidance.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, articulate, customer-centric individual who is ready to take on the responsibilities of the Marketing Campaign Executive role and drive forward comprehensive B2C event marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate will have various prerequisite skills and is an excellent project manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The role’s primary duty is to ensure the event marketing campaigns achieve the company's stated objectives for the show of visitor numbers and admission revenue. The candidate will work with the Marketing Manager to create, execute and monitor the performance of campaigns. They will help manage the team and third parties, delegate tasks and ensure that each sub-project on a campaign is accomplished on time and within budget.
- Devise B2C (business to consumer) integrated digital marketing campaigns based on market segments to acquire and retain customers for each of the three standalone Baby Shows
- Manage the execution, tracking and the performance of the marketing campaigns and their success
- Coordinate internally all marketing plans, activities and communicate well with the other members of The Baby Show Team - Marketing Team, Show Director, Operations and Sales teams to ensure that the plans are delivered effectively
- Write, edit and proofread copy for promotional materials
- Occasional asset design and implementation
- Ensure that the organisation’s brand and identity are adhered to in campaigns and all communication channels
- Be the integral lead in managing and fore fronting targeted email campaigns using the Customer Data Platform (CDP) dashboard
- Work with the Digital Marketing Executive to maximise content, deliverability and open rates through targeted Pardot email campaigns, automation and segmentation.
- Assist the Marketing Content Manager with each of the show’s speaker programmes - agreements, information (biogs/ profile) and content (blogs/news/social)
- Regularly Support the PR agency to ensure they have all the required information and support
- Administer the website(s) with content management, copywriting, and asset design
- Manage and help curate the social campaign and scheduling of social media (various platforms)
- Brief and oversee the work of internal and external agencies, such as digital (Web/SEO/Social CPC), designers, videographers/photographers, PR and printers (if necessary)
- Liaising with exhibitors to ensure they are maximising their presence at the event
- Collaborate with the box office provider
- Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis, maintain regular measurement of the ROIs and evaluation of KPIs
- Improve new campaigns using data and feedback from existing and previous projects
- Keep abreast of current trends in marketing as a general and the baby universe
- Remain up-to-date with the latest communications tools and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
Knowledge, Skills and Personal Attributes and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Experience with SEO, Google AdWords & Analytics, Website Content Management, Social Media, Later.com, Canva, Mobile Apps, Video, Blogs
- Experience using email marketing management such as Pardot or similar such as Adestra, HubSpot, Mailchimp
- Event industry knowledge is highly desirable
- In-depth knowledge of running B2C campaigns
- Solid grounding/understanding of the core marketing disciplines and what each can deliver
- Digital marketing knowledge including social media, content marketing and affiliate/partnership marketing
- Experience working hands-on with performance marketing channels (PPC, Display, Paid Social)
- Knowledge of the latest digital trends and social features (i.e. TikTok)
- Email marketing – an experience of building emails whilst being a confident copywriter
- Understanding of databases and customer journey segmentation techniques
- Proven understanding of tracking and response reporting
- Knowledge of design and print processes
- Exceptional campaign and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Ability to multi-task under pressure
- Good problem -solver and negotiator
- Strong numerical skills
- Good IT skills – word, excel
- Competent and efficient in administration
- Excellent attention to detail and managing several marketing campaigns simultaneously
- Hard work ethic is essential to balance a varied and dynamic workload
- Ability to be creative
- Work independently but also as a team player
- Ability to build a good rapport with all internal and external contacts at all levels
- Demonstrate values of passion, care, imagination and trust
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, digital marketing or related fields
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org