Head of Production - Gaming
Clarion Gaming is a dynamic portfolio of B2B live events, publishing titles, news & digital content. Our content is designed to support the needs of the burgeoning global gaming industry. Our flagship event ICE London, traditionally sees around 35,000 gaming executives from across the globe to shop for new technology, meet future business partners and grow their gaming business. Our hugely successful iGaming Business brand is a critical business news and insight provider, and delivers daily resources for the industry.
The gaming and gambling industry is an exciting one, which is heavily led by technology innovation & regulation. We are now looking for a maternity leave cover, who can take on the responsibility of Head of Production across the live event portfolio and our ICE 365 content platform.
The role entails both hands-on production responsibilities as well as management of a small team of content creators and input into the overall content strategy across both digital and live through the weekly board meeting. You would be coming at an exciting time when we are a fully integrating event and editorial content team to drive efficiencies in the content generation process and, most importantly, to optimise the customer journey and engagement via a flywheel approach.
You will have the day-to-day responsibility for managing a small team who deliver primary audience research, content plans, agendas and content delivery across our two large-scale exhibitions iGB Live and ICE London. This content will be both live and digital using a hybrid event strategy.
This role will also oversee the production and delivery of content pieces across our ICE 365 platform, including video production, webinar development and managing the ICE 365 content budget.
The Head of Production will have 1-2 direct report Content Creators, and will be responsible for the schedules, deadline management and development of these two relatively junior roles.
- Feeding into the topline content strategy for the entire Clarion Gaming portfolio during the weekly content and editorial board meeting
- Ensuring customer driven approach at every step of product and content development
- Optimising the processes for the delivery of new digital and hybrid products, in line with insight driven through both quantitative and qualitative research
- Evangelise and deliver a fully customer driven approach by improving customer research processes and contributing to the creation and development of the Customer Insight Engine
- Delivering the content plan, research and delivery plan for ICE London 2022
- Liaise with operations to deliver an outstanding visitor content experience
- Constantly seek innovation in formats
- Deliver onsite content at ICE London 2022
- Designing and managing the execution of the hybrid content strategy prior to and onsite at iGB Live 2021 and ICE London 2022
- Training and coaching a small team of junior Content Creators (one possibly growing to two in the near future) to develop them into increasingly independent producers
- Create progress reporting and measure the development of Content Creators to gradually take on more responsibility
- Delegating content projects between the content creators to ensure the highest quality live and digital content to deadline and fully backed up through customer validation
- Collaborating with content and editorial board to ensure continuity of content across the Clarion Gaming platforms
- Working alongside Marketing and Sales to help achieve visitor, readership and revenue targets
- Develop alongside Content Creators SPEX inventories through content and manage SPEX content fulfilment across both live and digital products
- Oversee the content production for live events and ICE 365 digital content series
- Oversee the production of content for the newly launched ICE 365 platform and series, including allocation of budget with the greatest ROI
- Ensure a smooth process between series editors and video production
- Work closely with the video production company to ensure delivery of compelling digital content to deadline and within budget
- Constantly research how audiences consume digital content to adapt these learnings to the content produced for ICE 365 series
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Experience in content development and content management
- Willingness to adapt to new ways in which content is delivered and be part of the creation of the process
- Curiosity for researching and understanding how content gets consumed both digitally and in a live environment
- Highly organised and able to multi-task
- Meticulous eye for detail
- An excellent communicator who can present ideas clearly and with purpose
- Excellent project management, planning and organisational skills
- Able to react and respond positively to feedback from various stakeholders
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to anticipate business needs and take action
- Demonstrate an exceptional facility for creativity, ideation and a familiarity with the process of proposing and revising ideas to incorporate group feedback and priorities
- Quick with initiative and not afraid to try out ideas
- Takes pride in their work
- Creative approach to work and problem solving
- The ability to build strong and trusting relationships
- Research expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Strategy and planning
- Budget oversight
- Commercial acumen
To apply, contact Ewa.firstname.lastname@example.org