Head of Marketing - Phacilitate
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated and experienced Marketing Director to join the Phacilitate team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic marketing direction of the business and building a marketing team with the capabilities and drive to help us achieve portfolio goals.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious team with an ethos on building success through collaboration with each other and with customers. We are looking for an individual whose personal values align with ours. These are:
- We dream big
- We treat each other like family
- We bring our whole hearts to work
- We deliver on our promises
Our values set us apart from others. We lead by example by creating an inclusive environment, that empowers our team, business and community to thrive. We are guided by the Phacilitate vision of improving commercialisation journeys for every biotech working in advanced therapies, and when you work with us, your voice will play a key role in helping us work towards this.
If these values sound like you, and is a culture that you’d enjoy being part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
You will be a proven strategic thinker with the ability to analyse the data in order to lead the brand strategy of the portfolio. You will have the ability to take an overview of all the campaigns and question everything. You will support and challenge the team to excel on every touchpoint of the customer value journey.
You will be an excellent people manager and develop your team to be the best they can be and make sure that they are equipped with the means to be the best – from technology to suppliers and from ways of working to training. You will be a great communicator and team player who is equally happy to be a coach and a player.
Phacilitate, originally an events business, is changing direction and transitioning into a subscription based member model with a strong focus on content marketing and live/virtual events. The marketing director will help us transition from campaign led marketing to a year round subscription marketing model.
You will have solid experience at management level of planning and executing a year round brand marketing strategy for a wide portfolio of B2B products.
- Develop a strong understanding of our products, customers and competitive landscape and coherently translate these in to effective strategies
- Work alongside our Data Marketing Sector Head to create a data strategy
- Develop a year-round brand marketing strategy, turning new customers into advocates through the customer value journey
- Contribute to new project development and influence strategic planning and investment decisions
- Accountable for setting marketing budgets and providing accurate, detailed forecasts to the Portfolio Director
- Lead the integration and adoption of company business tools and systems and continuously assess their deployment to improve marketing effectiveness
- Plan and manage the monthly customer centricity meetings
- Identify areas of growth and/or missing revenues from current business
- Support the Portfolio Director with market knowledge for organic growth and acquisitions
- Deep knowledge and experience of evaluating and selecting marketing channels, particularly digital
- Take accountability of marketing communications to ensure quality, message and individual brand values are maintained and conversions are optimised
- Drive audience growth, visitor numbers, delegate revenue and overall customer satisfaction (NPS) for the events and the digital platform
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to ensure that the sales team has a pool of qualified leads to target
- Take accountability for quality control across all our communication channels, reviewing the brand from the customer view
- Build relationships with key strategic partners and associations
Team development & leadership
- Promote a culture of testing and change to continuously drive improvement
- Design and implement a development path that ensures that each team member can perform to their best of their ability
- Identifying areas for improvements at a strategic level finding and presenting solutions to business heads
- Set KPIs and quarterly objectives in conjunction with the Portfolio Director for each member of the marketing team
- Connect and build relationships within the wider business to share best practice
- Build a marketing team culture of insights and analysis
- Work with Event Manager to build a culture of customer centricity
Knowledge, skills, attributes and behaviours:
- Highly proactive– able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with energy and tenacity
- Familiarity with CRM/marketing automation tools
- Data-driven/insights driven marketer
- Commercially focused
- A genuine team player and collaborative in nature
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Strong leader
- People management and ability to provide training and coaching
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- P&L management and forecasting
- Market knowledge (with demonstrated evidence that this has been acquired)
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com