Head of Content - Phacilitate
Who are Phacilitate?
Clarion is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. In more recent times, the firm has grown into a truly international business, with a portfolio of live and virtual events and media brands across a range of vertical markets.
Phacilitate is a portfolio within Clarion specifically dedicated to life sciences, providing events, market intelligence and content marketing to audiences globally within the Cell and Gene Therapy as well as Tissue Engineering space (or Advanced Therapies for short).
Our philosophy is that in a disruptive, cutting-edge industry likes ours no single person or entity has all of the answers. By fostering a community and bringing people from across the whole industry together, we are coming ever closer to achieving the ultimate goal of improving patient care and developing commercially viable curative treatments.
Our mission is to help advance the next pillar of medicine. This mission informs everything we do and is a testament to our passion for Advanced Therapies over the past 16 years.
Due to continued growth of our flagship Advanced Therapies portfolio, we have a very exciting opening for a Head of Content to help us grow the success of our virtual, US and European events as well as digital content.
This is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious team with an ethos on building success through collaboration with each other and with customers. We are looking for an individual whose personal values align with ours. These are:
- We dream big
- We treat each other like family
- We bring our whole hearts to work
- We deliver on our promises
Our values set us apart from others. We lead by example by creating an inclusive environment, that empowers our team, business and community to thrive. We are guided by the Phacilitate vision of improving commercialisation journeys for every biotech working in advanced therapies, and when you work with us, your voice will play a key role in helping us work towards this.
If these values sound like you, and is a culture that you’d enjoy being part of, then we’d love to hear from you.
The Head of Content will be working closely with the Portfolio Director and will be accountable for content strategy, product development and delivery of live and digital events. Their key responsibility will be to ensure commercial success of the products, increase customer engagement/satisfaction and build a successful content team.
Accountable for research and development for the business
- Conduct quarterly research with 25+ customers to develop a deep understanding of our target personas and their needs
- Create a quarterly research report and work with the Head of Customer to update the customer playbook
- Conduct quarterly lunch and learns with the team to brief them on your 365 research findings
- Use your 365 research to:
- Build commercial agendas across live and digital products - accountable for commercial validation of agendas and events
- Propose new commercial, customer-centric product ideas
- Guide digital content strategy
Manage the content team and develop a content team culture
- Manage and develop the Programme Manager and Editor to help them hit their development goals in line with business needs
- Work with the Portfolio Director to manage capacity within the content team to ensure the team delivers everything on schedule and within timelines
- Manage the relationship with the Operations department to ensure live and virtual event programs have the resources they require for delivery
Industry engagement/personal brand building
- Engage with a wide cross-section of the market and generate interest in the brand, in partnership with the Head of Community
- Work with Marketing to build our 365 research database in line with our target personas
- Develop your network on social media channels to promote yourself and your team as thought leaders within advanced therapies
Manage the Automation SIG series
- Promote and develop the Automation brand internally and externally
- Manage 5 Automation working groups across the year (working groups meet up every quarter)
- Schedule and lead project meetings and ensure all functions are hitting deadlines
- Responsible for hitting event objectives and revenue goals
- Manage the rapporteurs and co-rapporteurs of the working groups year round
- Engage the working group attendee’s year round via Slack
Accountable for commercial validation of products
- Build a strong inventory and confirm price points for inventory items, allowing the sales team to excel targets
- Work closely with sponsors to develop content/presentations that meet customer need
- Identify new sponsor targets and revenue growth opportunities
- Work with Marketing and the Portfolio Director to define product offering
- Deliver product briefs that help Sales and Marketing understand the product and how to commercialise it
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Previous experience in conference production
- Background in life science production is required
- Market knowledge - you must be prepared to quickly understand the various technical and scientific-based topics that form our various products
- Values: integrity, authenticity, customer care and honesty, alongside Phacilitate values listed above
- Digital event experience
- Strategy development
- Commercially minded
- People management and development
- Strong copy writer with good attention to detail
- Effective in communication and collaboration
- Quick to grasp concepts and understand the value proposition for different stakeholders
- Brand focus
To apply, please contact email@example.com