Finance Systems Analyst
At Clarion Events, we value learning, experience, talent, customer-centricity and positioning ourselves as a marketing-lead business across all of our event and digital products. After making huge changes through 2020, we are now VERY excited to grow our Finance Systems Team. From acquisition to retention, our planning and delivery focuses on the customer value journey and creating memorable and authentic marketing campaigns across the division to cement our position as the leading events and content platform across the world.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Finance Systems analyst to join the Clarion Events in our London office. The successful candidate will work directly with the Finance System Manager. You will be joining a new Finance Systems team focusing on aligning and optimizing relevant Systems, Finance and Business processes, implementing robust control and probity procedures and assist in delivering on the Clarion’s Information, Systems and Reporting strategies.
We are looking for a strategic and data-driven thinker with proven experience of working in a dynamic Finance Systems function. The ideal candidate will have good communication skills, be an excellent team player, capable of organizing and managing multiple tasks and projects across multiple teams. The candidate will work predominantly with the Finance function and liaise with relevant team members across the IT department.
- Act as the workday functional lead on new and existing system process improvements within the finance function.
- Support initiatives to enhance / build new functionality, workflows, processes and/or reporting in the application, including requirement gathering, configuration testing, job aids and training.
- As part of a collaborative team, lead the ongoing design, configuration and reporting for Workday Financials, supporting the monthly and yearly business processes, and developing
- and enhancing Workday reporting, including Advanced, Matrix and Composite reporting.
- Proactively monitor new features released by Workday and advocate for appropriate adoption plans.
- Document current/future systems and processes, helping with training and wider stakeholder communication.
- Help manage/co-ordinate the Finance’s closing process in Workday.
- Analyse existing processes to identify inefficiency and opportunities for improvement.
- Diagnose and resolve issues (end-user, business process, security, integration).
- Maintain application roadmap for work with manager(s) and provide timely and accurate status reporting).
- Collaborate with other members of team and actively share knowledge to develop in-house expertise in Workday.
- Participate actively in the Workday Community, propose and advocate for improvements to the Workday solution, and build a network of peers to best-practice-share with end-users.
- Continuous analysis and evaluation of Finance processing to improve performance and efficiencies.
- Proactively manage user access to ensure that they are properly aligned with their relevant business roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure adequate probity and control across Master data and Standing data changes on workday.
- Ensure adequate probity and control across all interfacing / Integration applications and subledgers.
- Ensure complete User Access reviews and adequate Separation of Duties across all finance roles and functions.
- Support internal and external audit reviews, ensuring responses and data are provided in a timely fashion.
- Analyse, configure and optimise appropriate Workday related Business Process workflows.
- Help maintain the relationship with Workday and other AMS Support to resolve application issues, providing product support to implement solutions, equally ensuring needs of end-users for new functionality are considered in future releases.
- Collaborate with Business Applications Support Team to prepare for release management, change management and end-user communication.
- Operate the Workday and system support structures (including providing AMS service assistance) and help facilitate the maintenance of training and knowledge base materials
- (including regression testing packs).
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good Knowledge of Workday Financials platform including: Financial Accounting, Reporting, Supplier Accounts, Procurement, Expenses, Projects including Capital Projects, Business
- Assets, Customer Accounts, Customer Contracts , Banking and Settlement and Tax.
- Good Knowledge of Workday including audits, access, security, business processes, positions, hierarchies, supervisory orgs, workflow development.
- Knowledge of Workday reporting, Advanced reporting, Matrix reports and Composite reports.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and capture business functional and technical requirements.
- Project management, communication and organisational skills.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professionalism in working directly with the business and striving to deliver excellent customer experience.
Nice to have
- Exposure/Experience of Adaptive Planning in Workday.
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Tony.Oguike@clarionevents.com