Facilities Manager (Central)
Clarion Events are one of the largest exhibition and conferences organisers in the world. We have offices globally and are headquartered in London where we occupy 30,000 sq. ft. of office space spread over 5 floors. We’re in a multi-tenanted building and are the largest tenant.
An opportunity has arisen within the Central support team for an experienced Facilities Manager to join us in our London office. The role has 1 direct report (Facilities Assistant) and will be responsible for the smooth running of office.
We are looking for a proactive Facilities professional who is experienced in delivering a customer-focused, safety-conscious approach to Facilities Management. Preferably IOSH trained and a working knowledge of M&E and Fire Systems.
The ideal candidate will; be a great communicator (both written and verbal), calm under pressure, current and aware of inclusivity in the workplace, environmentally and sustainability aware, be used to managing budgets across a number of areas, comfortable planning small scale refurb projects, have meticulous attention to detail and be a self-starter who enjoys autonomy and requires very little supervision. Previous line management experience is essential.
- Ensure all PPM’s and statutory compliance issues are carried out on time and to required standard.
- Manage budgets and deliver cost-effective solutions
- Become the escalation point for day to day facilities issues via telephone, email and ticketing system.
- Carry out risk assessments and deal with Contractor RAMS
- Managing Access Control
- Appoint and manage suppliers (including, M&E, H&S, Cleaning, Logistics and Fit-Out).
- Landlord liaison, including issue escalation and planning of landlord works
- Office capacity planning and co-ordination of desk moves (both singular and large scale), managing and updating floor plans.
- Be competent at working with leases, service charge and rent.
- Oversee both day and evening cleaning teams
- Ensure floor checks are conducted and recorded
- Invoice checking and approval
- Recommendation and delivery of ways to improve the energy efficiency within the office
- Manage staff DSE assessments.
- Management of 1 Facilities Assistant
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Solid Facilities Experience
- IOSH & COSHH (desirable)
- M&E/Technical Knowledge (Desirable)
- Experienced in managing contracts and suppliers
- Knowledge of ever-changing relevant UK legislation
- The ability to review existing processes and deliver improvements as necessary
- ESG awareness
- Negotiation skills
- Experience in leases, budgeting and service charge
- Excellent written and oral communicator
- Proven ability in delivering a high standard of customer care
- Inclusivity awareness
- Demonstrate Clarion’s core values – Passion, Care, Imagination & Trust
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Jon.Roberts@clarionevents.com