Digital Sales Executive (Defence)
An exciting new opportunity is available to join a new digital subscription product launching this year. The product is being managed in a start-up environment yet with the support and investment of being part of Clarion Events. This is an opportunity to get in at the start, helping to shape the market-approach for the product and be part of the team. Reporting to the Product Director, this role is a relationship-based sales position where you will be responsible for selling digital subscriptions to the Defence sector and related industries, within the Clarion Defence portfolio.
The candidate will be professional, commercially minded, authoritative and able to demonstrate knowledge of successful sales processes. They should also have a proven track record in sales and making high volume outbound sales calls. With experience of selling to senior managers, directors and CEO level at small to medium-sized businesses, the candidate will be able to work on their own initiative. The candidate must be resilient and respond well under pressure, show high levels of confidence and be customer focused. Exceptional organisational & time management skills are therefore essential and experience of working on a digital subscription product, or digital advertising, is preferred.
Digital Sales Executives are expected to be self-starters who set themselves realistic but stretching goals, provide clear and accurate information on their performance and who demonstrate that their attitude is one of someone who is trying to continually improve.
- Selling over the phone to existing and potential new clients to meet realistic sales revenue targets.
- Creating, developing and maintaining excellent relationships with clients through a consultative sales approach and by clearly demonstrating the value of taking a subscription.
- Keeping abreast of market developments and identifying and researching new growth areas for sales.
- Maintaining key customer care objectives.
- In conjunction with the Management Team developing strategies and initiatives to ensure the ongoing growth and development of the digital product.
- Monitoring and evaluation of all competitor activity.
- Working closely with the marketing team to:
- Follow up enquiries
- Up-sell to existing clients
- Feedback contacts into database
- Up-sell additional users or sponsored content to clients
- Attract new business revenues where required
- Identify gaps in leads available to push for more marketing activity in that area
- Source new leads where relevant eg via desk research and by attending events
- Weekly reporting on sales plans and activities to the Director.
- Ensuring that all sales activities are accurately recorded in Clarion’s CRM (Avendio/Salesforce) in line with the subscription sales role reporting and recording guidelines. Experience of using AvendioSalesforce is mandatory.
- Ensuring and assisting accounts personnel in the timely payment of all customer payments
- Attending industry functions when required – mostly UK, though there could be opportunity for travel overseas.
- Represent Clarion Events in a professional manner at all times.
- Attending training courses as directed.
Occasionally, you be may be asked to fulfil roles, tasks or functions not included in this job description.
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Demonstrates excellent market and product knowledge
- Demonstrates effective active listening and communication skills
- Demonstrates high levels of productivity
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and build rapport effectively
- Demonstrates objection handling skills
- Demonstrates trust and credibility amongst our potential customer base.
- The ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- To work calmly under pressure.
- A hunger to reach and exceed targets.
- A tenacious ‘can do’ approach to work
- Quick with initiative and not afraid to try them
- Takes pride in their work.
- Passionate about customers
- Strong drive and ambition
- Commercially minded
- Strong IT Skills
- An understanding of the manufacturing, engineering or technology sector would be beneficial
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com