Digital & Brand Marketing Manager (Retail)
This opportunity is within Clarion retail home, of five prestigious market-leading events in the UK; Top Drawer Spring, Top Drawer Autumn, Home & Gift, January Furniture Show, Manchester Furniture Show, plus REVEAL which is our new 365 digital platform for the Retail industry.
Clarion Retail is a fast-paced, exciting environment to work in. You will be joining the business at a pivotal time and will play a crucial role as we look to develop and accelerate the business beyond events to solve our customer’s problems across a multi-channel approach.
We are seeking a creative and brand-led digital specialist to take a management role with two direct reports, a Social Media Executive and Digital Marketing Executive. From the start, you will support with the development of the team as well as with the brand and digital strategy ensuring the delivery of excellent campaigns and first class customer experiences.
You will be an experienced Marketing Manager with the ability to use insight to influence and execute the brand and digital strategy of the portfolio with a focus on both live events and our new digital retail marketplace REVEAL.
You should be a strategic thinker with proven experience in brand, social media, digital advertising, PR & content. You will act as brand guardian ensuring excellence in all that we do. Storytelling should come naturally to you along with a strong creative eye, a passion for design and digital innovation.
In addition, you will be an exemplary team manager with responsibility for working with other marketing teams across the business to trial and implement new initiatives and best practice through facilitating collaboration and co-ordination of marketing activities.
You will have solid marketing experience at team management level plus planning and executing successful campaigns for a wide portfolio of B2B products.
- Develop, communicate and ensure effective delivery of world class marketing strategies that increase brand awareness, engage our customers through digital and maximise retention to grow our events
- Define, measure, and analyse the success of all brand and digital initiatives and optimise based on data-driven insights to continuously improve our outcomes
- Work collaboratively across functions to ensure fluidity and consistency of brand, campaigns, propositions and customer experience touchpoints.
- Develop and manage our digital, media and creative agencies in order to deliver against both strategic and tactical objectives
- Work with and manage our external digital specialist to develop advanced PPC strategies as well as working alongside marketing operations on technical set up, implementation, tracking, and reporting through Google analytics
- Own and leverage our extensive social media presence, managing the strategy and content to ensure high levels of engagement and continuous growth
- Devise an influencer and advocacy marketing strategy utilising available tools to identify opportunities, define communication strategy with ongoing assessment of ROI
- Manage and deliver our 365 PR strategy leveraging all possible media relations to achieve maximum reach
- Devise and develop our SEO strategy ensuring constant monitoring on positioning and deliver plans to improve organic search rankings through feeding in to the portfolios content marketing strategy
- Lead on any research & insight projects related to customer experience or brand development/enhancement.
- Continuously influence campaign communications in response to customer insight testing our assets and making recommendations to evolve the distinct identity for the portfolio
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing to develop and execute the marketing strategy for our REVEAL online 365 marketplace
- Utilise all of the marketing technology available and analytics tools such as Google analytics, Customer Data Platform, Pardot and Hootsuite to inform and optimise campaigns
- Management of two direct reports; leading by example, ensuring optimum output through coaching and nurturing, conducting regular appraisals and setting personal development plans
Knowledge, Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Advanced experience in marketing technology and analytics tools such as Google Analytics preferably GA4, Pardot (or similar CRM system)
- People management and ability to provide training and coaching
- Have a proven strong background in digital, executing campaigns to drive growth
- Highly proactive– able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with energy and tenacity
- Be highly analytical and inquisitive with the ability to interpret data and convert in to actionable insight
- Have impeccable attention to detail taking the utmost pride in everything you do
- A natural creative eye, design led
- Be customer obsessed, always putting yourself in the shoes of the customer. Empathy is key.
- A genuine team player and collaborative in nature
- Be digitally skilled and abreast of trends and new innovation
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Strongly results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com