Credit Controller - Finance
This opportunity is available within our fast paced Credit Control department who are responsible for maximizing cash flow and minimizing debt through effective and proactive credit control. You will work as part of a team to ensure that all sales are invoiced promptly and accurately, a clean sales ledger is maintained at all times, cash flow is maximized by prompt collection of payments and you will work to ensure all debts are collected before the show open/close date. This role is available on a 3-6 month contract.
The candidate will be professional, commercially minded, authoritative and able to demonstrate knowledge of successful credit control processes. The candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and must be resilient and respond well under pressure, show high levels of confidence, be customer focused and be able to problem-solve quickly, assume ownership of any problems and get back to our customers in as short a time frame as possible. Formulas, facts, logic and system are important aspects of the position. Exceptional organisational and time management skills are essential, and experience of working in conferences is preferred.
General Credit Control:
- To ensure all event invoices are paid as close to due date as possible
- To ensure all event debtor queries are dealt with promptly
- To ensure that pre-show debt reports are maintained properly
- To ensure that Clarion’s overall debt exposure is kept to a bare minimum
Pro- active Credit Control
- Liaising with show teams to ensure contracts are properly completed and returned in good time
- Liaising with show teams with regard to potential bad debtors
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with sponsors & delegates
- Developing and maintaining positive and effective relationships with show teams and direct team members
- Ensuring customer records are maintained and that credit notes and unallocated cash receipts are kept to a minimum
- To be aware of future shows and the potential debt exposure
- Assisting your team members when not busy and to cover annual leave as and when required
- Responsible for all invoicing on the allocated portfolios within the Clarion Group. This includes delegate invoices as per the delegate registration system and any after show sundry invoices
- Liaising with show teams when regular revenue reconciliations are completed (month end and then weekly the month the event takes place)
- Working with the sales ledger manager to keep clean ledgers, this include allocations of payments, credit notes and any other adjustments relating to revenue
- Dealing with any incoming event enquiries and all documentation in a timely manner
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviours:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ability to search out errors; rectify omissions, perfect systems and procedures which will ultimately raise the quality and standards of all tasks undertaken
- The ability to work in a steady, thorough and deliberate manner and have the persistence to see a job through to conclusion
- Attention to detail
- Familiarity with VAT and TAX regulations within the UK, Europe and Worldwide
- Adaptability to work with different currency’s and FX rates
- Confidence & adaptability with dealing with different IT systems
- Knowledge of Salesforce & Workday is an advantage
- Good Excel skills
- Contribute to strong working relationships within team to share best practice
- Good and confident telephone manner
- Demonstrates our values - Passion, Imagination, Care and Trust
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.