Content & Community Manager (Defence)
An exciting new opportunity is available to join our new digital subscription product launching this year. The product is being managed in a start-up environment yet with the support and investment of being part of Clarion Events. This is an opportunity to get in at the start, helping to shape the market-approach for the product and be part of the team. Reporting to the Product Director, this role is a content role where you will be responsible for sourcing, editing, curating and creating content that will best engage our audience in the defence sector and related industries.
The candidate will be professional, curious, engagement-minded and able to demonstrate a passion for defence, technology and/or engineering. They should have social media and editorial experience with a proven track record of engaging a target audience both through content and direct interaction. The candidate must be resilient and respond well under pressure, show high levels of confidence, be customer focused and be able to problem-solve quickly, assume ownership of any problems and get back to our customers in as short a time frame as possible. Exceptional organisational & time management skills are therefore essential and experience of working on an online publication, to deadline, is advantageous.
The Content & Community Manager is expected to be self a starter who is constantly on the look-out for trends and able to interpret and present related content that appeals to our audience, with a drive to improve engagement metrics.
- Source, curate and edit existing content eg from open source platforms or from our clients, for our website, social media and newsletters
- Originate content, short or long form, for our website, social media or offline marketing use. This content could be self-authored, though is more likely to come through a network you build of subject matter experts
- Ensure any content is suitably adapted for the intended channel, audience and purpose
- Maintain the appropriate tone of voice for our audience and ensure all content meets ESG criteria for the defence and security industry
- Produce and share content that generates leads and supports sales and marketing goals
- Engage with leads in a timely manner to nurture prospective customers or content providers
- Work with the marketing team to maximise SEO and content engagement
- Support campaign requests from our marketer, and the wider portfolio marketing team, fulfilling requests in a way that will best resonate with the intended audience
- Support UGC on our website, and support it by reporting on client successes to develop further content
- Grow our audience on social platforms, including maintaining a posting schedule and posing relevant and thought-provoking content in an engaging way
- Set the tone for the community, be present and enforce community guidelines, including removing members or deleting posts when appropriate
Customer service and insight
- Keep abreast of industry news, market trends and developments to inform content and update the team
- Mitigate any user or client issues calmly and diplomatically
- Have a full understanding of Clarion Defence’s brands, products, and services, and where necessary address incoming enquiries appropriately, and provide a course of action or solution.
- Keep up to date with industry ESG criteria with our in-house security and compliance team
Metrics and performance
- Keep abreast of content data analysis from which to draw actionable insights: macro data, such as overall reach and leads generated, and micro data such as individual experiments around content positioning
- Regularly test new strategies, new content, and new campaigns on social media and the website
- Excellent written English, copywriting, proofing and editing skills
- Able to research, amalgamate and distil information into audience-ready copy
- Good eye for spotting trends and opportunities in the market, with proven ability to identify and capitalise on a hot news stories, trends, or hashtags
- Comfortable writing appealing headlines, and content such as social posts that are as short as 140 characters or blogs of more than 200 words
- Able to interpret performance analytics and able to make data-based decisions
- Able to run experiments on social media and websites
- Experience using CMS systems
- Creative problem solver
- Good at networking internally and externally
- Able to work as a team
- PR and/or journalistic experience is a plus
- Proven keen interest in the military, military equipment, innovations and/or engineering or technology
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
To apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org