Conference & Customer Insight Manager (Imago)
Imago Techmedia – Clarion’s leading enterprise technology event series focusing on digital transformation and future of work technologies - are seeking a creative, experienced and ambitious Conference & Customer Insight Manager to take a leading production role within this fast-growing portfolio.
From the start, you will spearhead the strategic development, creation and project management of a series of ‘Leaders’ Summits’ (approx. 5 per annum) and monthly roundtables, which complement the DTX/UCX expos (London & Manchester), providing continual touchpoints with our community of executives throughout the year.
This dynamic role combines the production and execution of business-level event programs, along with managing and being immersed in this community of decision-makers to fully understand their needs and challenges and thus, playing a strategic role in the creation and delivery of new and evolving products and services. You will also support production and VIP management on the DTX/UCX London and Manchester events. Imago Techmedia has grown consistently since 2014 making it a fast paced, exciting environment to work in. There are four main expos in the UK - DTX Manchester, UCX Manchester, UCX Europe (London) and DTX Europe (London), plus a series of leaders’ summits, monthly roundtables and digital and online platforms. The DTX series was previously called the IP EXPO series and in 2019 rebranded to Digital Transformation Expo (DTX) as we expanded in to the exciting world of Cyber Security, DevOps, Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Cloud.
This is a significant content led project, tailor made for someone who understands and is passionate about technology and evolving enterprise dynamics in the digital era.
With the digital transformation market forecast to grow at 19.1% annually up to 2022, this is a great time to leap into a rapid growth sector that would benefit hugely from well researched, smart and sophisticated educational programmes. As a business with an appetite to try new things and differentiate from competitors with high quality content, this is a chance to lead one of the highest profile content programmes on the tech circuit, not just at our events, but 365.
Content Development & Customer Centricity:
- Year-round research with senior-level decision makers from enterprise IT to identify the changing learning and buying requirements of our VIP audience
- Build commercial, diverse conference agendas and launch new services or experiences that meet the changing needs and interests of our senior VIP buyer community
- Research and write conference programs as well as marketing copy for events that are appealing to the target audiences and communicates events’ benefits accordingly
- Identify, invite & secure high level speakers, hosts and moderators to deliver your events
- Generate new topic ideas to re-conceptualise existing propositions and launch new events, products and services
- Propose new commercial, customer-centric product ideas and put together a solid vision/goals for your events and ideas
- Work with our marketing team to build and manage our VIP network end-user buyer community
- You will also have joint responsibility for and be targeted on maintaining and improving the satisfaction and NPS of our VIP buyer personas.
Industry Engagement and Knowledge:
- Develop and maintain long-term relationships with key industry individuals and organizations, on and off specific project basis
- Attend industry social and networking events (often in the evenings)
- Build industry profile and promote events through media exposure
Working with Sponsorship Sales and Marketing Teams:
- Prepare full sponsorship sales and marketing briefs to support these functions and have regular check-ins
- Monitor marketing campaigns and contribute to all aspects of marketing the events
- From market research, provide copy for all promotional literature including the conference programme, website copy and all electronic promotional campaigns
Overall Project Management:
- Liaise with sponsorship, marketing, sales and management teams to ensure the commercial success of events/projects
- Run the conference, dealing with sponsors, speakers and delegates alike and lead the onsite team to ensure the smooth running of the event
- Develop contacts to improve the event in the future and to bring on additional revenue streams
- Provide post conference content and market reports and analysis, both for internal use and to publish on the event’s website
Knowledge, Skills & Behaviours:
- Solid experience managing and launching multiple projects in a conference production role
- Excellent entrepreneurial skills
- Strong organisation skills with the ability to multi-task working on more than one project at a time whilst working to tight deadlines
- Demonstrates commitment, initiative and ability to work independently
- Superb customer focus: a drive to continually improve the value and experience delivered to all key stakeholders via our events
- Knowledge/experience within the technology industry would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience showing that you have developed and driven a content strategy across events in order to increase both customer engagement and sponsor revenue.
- Excellent communication and writing proficiency, interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and strong creativity in message delivery
- Influencing skills - the ability to enable key decision makers to buy into our vision by articulating both our mission and your ideas clearly and persuasively
- Ability to build partnerships and effectively establish and maintain relationships with internal and external clients and vendors
- Independence and reliability - the ability to work with minimal supervision and make good business decisions based on sound research and analysis
- Commercially aware with a firm grasp of what creates a financially successful event product
- Confident in speaking to both senior level CIOs/CTOs through to technical roles
- Ambitious and self-motivated with excellent attention to detail
- A proactive, constructive and solution-focused approach
- Willingness to travel where required
About Clarion Events:
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Dominie.firstname.lastname@example.org