Campaigns Manager (Gaming)
Clarion Gaming is the world’s largest events network for the global gaming sector. Providing more than just a service to our customers, we are a partner to the industry, and we are passionate about building strong connections and supporting our international gaming neighbourhood by always promoting and defending the interests of the business.
We are proud of our portfolio of market-leading events and digital products, which includes our flagship event ICE London that attracts 30,000 international gaming attendees every year. Our digital flagship product is igamingbusiness.com, the home of insight for the online gaming industry serving over 100,000 unique visitors each year. But we don’t stop there - Clarion Gaming is on its most exciting journey as we prepare our market-leading brands for growth over the next 3-5 years.
Working with Clarion Gaming guarantees you being part of a skilled team and environment that allows anyone to push for opportunities within their role, and develop their skills and experience. Not only are there many opportunities to learn and progress within our teams, you’ll feel at home and connected with a team of ambitious, passionate and supportive colleagues – our social activities both around our live events and throughout the year, provide perfect opportunities to unwind and celebrate and share in our successes.
As a team we are driven by our core brand values:
We Embrace Trust and Loyalty
- We work in partnership with our customers and colleagues
- We invest time, care and energy in everything we do
- We are always inclusive
We are committed to our customers
- We will constantly aim to deliver stakeholder ROI
- We love to create positive experiences and rewarding journeys
- We believe in what we do
We love Innovation
- We embrace mistakes
- We are a driver of positive change
- We are brave and able to test and fail
We are always learning
- We foster a culture of learning and development
- We are driven by insight, evidence and data
- We are not afraid to ask “why”?
The Role Purpose
‘The iGB Events Portfolio Campaigns Manager will formulate and run the marketing campaigns for the iGB events to target igaming b2b and affiliate customers, attendees and other relevant organisations’.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Campaigns Manager of our live products (iGB events portfolio), with the primary focus being our flagship events iGB Affiliate London and iGB Live! Amsterdam, two leading events for the global igaming industry that attract over 5000 leading igaming professionals and 200 leading igaming suppliers each. The iGB events portfolio connects together the entire ecosystem of affiliates, igaming suppliers and operators, with a planned North American launch in Q4 2023.
The Campaign Manager will play a key role across the iGB events portfolio - enabling and driving the marketing team to hit our goals. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a marketing all-rounder with proven leadership abilities and a proven track record of delivering growth.
Reporting into iGB’s Portfolio Brand Manager, they will work alongside the marketing team to deliver the marketing objectives across iGB Affiliate London, iGB Live! and iGB Live! North America.
The ideal candidate will know how to manage their role as the campaign evolves. They are able to focus on the “big picture” when developing the campaign plans, and manage and focus the team on campaign delivery alongside providing status updates, reports and recommendations for campaign adjustments upwards to the Brand Manager and the Portfolio Director of the iGB business.
The candidate will be analytical and data and insight-orientated with a history of testing and optimisation, but also have creative flair and exceptional attention to detail. They will be accustomed to delivering in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and have experience of managing teams to deliver.
What you can expect from the role (key responsibilities)
Campaign Strategy & Leadership
- Creating and managing iGB events campaign plans - driving acquisition and retention in key segments to achieve our business goals across our events and digital products
- Effectively creating, communicating and presenting iGB events marketing plans, strategies and updates to the team and internal stakeholders
- Accountable for delivery of iGB events campaign plans – effectively briefing, managing and optimising the output of the internal team and external resources
- Writing and proofreading any copy for promotional materials - ensuring all brand and style guides are adhered to, working closely with the iGB Brand Manager to ensure the right tone of voice
- Ensuring all promotional marketing materials created are tailored towards our key persona
- Use business intelligence, customer feedback, data and insight to suggest and implement new campaign ideas
- Owning all iGB events campaign marketing reporting from weekly reporting of event KPIs and forecasts to post-event reports that deliver insight, analysis and recommendations
- Managing the iGB events marketing budget competently and effectively alongside the other portfolio budget-holders
- Identify key industry trends, innovations or technologies that can drive growth
People & Supplier Management
- Line management of the Campaign Executive – including the ability to provide coaching, marketing knowledge, feedback and leadership to them
- Management of external suppliers – from designers to the social and paid media agency
- Work closely with the wider Clarion gaming marketers to develop a continuous test and learn approach across channels and optimise success for the event campaigns
- Ensuring that all campaign plans and deliverables are heavily influenced by customer data, research and feedback
- Continued learning about the affiliate marketing industry through attending events, reading, listening to podcasts and webinars
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of best practice across email, social media, paid media, landing pages, websites and chatbots (ideally with in-depth knowledge in 2 – 3 channels)
- Excellent direct response copywriter and copy editor
- Experience creating and delivering campaigns across multiple marketing channels
- Exceptional project management skills – organised, proactive and able to multi-task
- Deep knowledge of marketing performance metrics
- Strong management experience – ability to enthuse, inspire and drive success from a team
- Excellent communicator – strong verbal and written communications skills that can translate campaign strategies in a simple way to a range of stakeholders and customers
- Be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills - driven to understand “why”, takes the initiative to identify trends and gaps and shares insight with the relevant team members
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise relevant tasks
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience working with MarTech and marketing suppliers including Pardot, Salesforce CRM, registration and website providers, digital and social agencies, chatbots, landing page software, etc.
- Excellent ability to work with data sets, interpret trends and provide analysis and
- recommendations based on data that support our overall business goals
- Proven ability to learn new tools and software at pace
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. ( https://clarionevents.com/welcome )
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. ( https://www.blackstone.com )
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact email@example.com