Campaign Marketing Manager (Retail)
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, headquartered in London across a variety of sectors including retail, defence & security, digital marketing, energy, and technology. www.clarionevents.com
This incredible opportunity is within Clarion Retail - home, of five prestigious market-leading events in the UK; Top Drawer Spring, Top Drawer Autumn, Home & Gift, January Furniture Show, Manchester Furniture Show, plus REVEAL which is our new 365 digital platform for the Retail industry.
Clarion Retail is a fast-paced, exciting environment to work in with a fantastic culture. You will be joining the business at a pivotal time and will play a crucial role as we look to develop and accelerate the business beyond events to solve our customer’s problems across a multi-channel approach.
We are seeking an experienced campaign manager to take a management role with two direct reports. From the start, you will support with the development of the team as well as own campaign planning and delivery. Combining the new technologies and our ambitious growth plans – now is an exciting time to be joining both this portfolio and Clarion Events.
We are looking for an experienced Campaign (Commercial and Visitor) Marketing Manager to work alongside the Digital and Brand Marketing Manager across our prestigious portfolio of market leading retail events, in addition to our 365 Digital Platform REVEAL. You will have a passion for events (and love a bit of retail!) as well as being a team player who thrives working under pressure and at pace.
You will develop annual marketing campaign plans based on the portfolio marketing strategy, ensuring clearly defined Omni-channel communications informed by customer insight. You will be responsible for creating revenue opportunities, customer acquisition plans and data acquisition strategies.
In addition, you will be an exemplary team manager with responsibility for working with other marketing teams across the business to trial and implement new initiatives and best practice through facilitating collaboration and co-ordination of marketing activities.
- Meticulously plan and execute a range of compelling marketing campaigns, that are customer focused and data lead in collaboration with the Brand Marketing Manager and Show Manager
- Define, measure, and analyse the success of all campaign activity owning KPI’s and reporting
- Be responsible for delivering the campaign within budget, providing accurate forecasts and feeding into the budget setting process accurately, whilst ensuring best possible ROI on marketing spend
- Work with marketing operations team to complete full data audit and gap analysis to shape the data acquisition strategy at the start of each campaign. Define database selections that enable relevant messages to target segmented audiences and to ensure we analyse real time engagement and monitor effectiveness of all channels
- Writing copy and proofreading for promotional activity using the correct TOV adapted to the relevant persona
- Keep informed on changes to data privacy and other current data regulations
- Introduce new technologies and tools that nurture our customers’ needs, purpose and value and maximise the opportunities that arise from this data, devising bespoke marketing campaigns to these customer groups
- Work closely with the portfolio’s sales team creating campaigns that enable them to meet their commercial objectives and KPIs and ensure conversion rates for MQLs to SQLs are managed and maintained
- Stay abreast with the latest industry and marketing insight, sharing with the team and management
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviour:
- Proven track record of implementing successful segmented promotional campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of best practice across promotional channels including email, social media, paid media, websites and chatbots
- People management and ability to motivate, train and coach the team
- Highly proactive– able to take prompt action to accomplish objectives and goals beyond what is required, with energy and tenacity
- Be highly analytical and inquisitive with the ability to interpret data and convert in to actionable insight
- Have a proven strong background in planning and executing campaigns to drive growth
- Working knowledge of current marketing technologies to maximum effectiveness both from a lead generation and also a customer service perspective
- Proven use and understanding of complex databases and segmentation techniques
- Collaboration with sales to increase lead generation and so maximizing sales opportunities
- Capabilities of marketing automation and CRM platforms (Pardot, PowerBI and Salesforce preferred).
- General knowledge of all GDPR laws including preference centres and privacy policies.
- A genuine team player and collaborative in nature
- Strong sense of personal accountability, Integrity, authenticity and honesty
- Strongly results-focused, able to clearly demonstrate success via proven metrics
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply, please contact Kayleigh.email@example.com