Campaign Marketing Manager (Defence)
Clarion is renowned for being entrepreneurial and flexible in our approach to focusing on our customers and ensuring we only deliver platforms of the highest quality within our markets. We also look to innovate and create new offerings to directly meet the ever evolving needs of our wide ranging customers.
Our marketing function has seen a transformation over the last two years – these include the creation of a marketing operations function both centrally and within each portfolio and also a large investment in new technologies, including a customer data platform. The introduction of the marketing operations team clearly shows the emphasis and focus that Clarion now has on marketing as a function especially data insight and how we look to always put our customers at the heart of what we do. The new technologies ensure we are able to interrogate and analyse our customer information through the multitude of touchpoints, in order to deliver efficient campaigns and relevant products that will maximise our customers opportunities to gain ROI and added value to meet their business goals.
The Defence & Security Portfolio has a series of market-leading events currently based in the UK, USA, Europe and Asia. These range from confex style events to large scale exhibitions. All are market leaders within their ‘space’ and the next 12 months will see us continue to expand and innovate both in new geographies and on new platforms.
Combining the new technologies and our ambitious growth plans – now is an exciting time to be joining both this portfolio and Clarion Events.
We have recently won the contract to run an established special forces event based in Tampa, Florida which will sit nicely alongside our existing GSOF Symposium Europe. This role will be liaising with teams both here in the UK and in the US and will involve working close with internal teams and also our event partner in this venture, Global SOF Foundation.
We are looking for an experienced Campaign (Commercial) Marketing Manager to work alongside the Director of Marketing (based within GSOF in the US) to co-lead the marketing department of an annual US-based event and a roaming European event within the Clarion Defence & Security portfolio. Due to geography, there may be some generalist marketing skills required to support the team in London and the US.
They will help to develop campaigns based on the marketing strategy, ensuring each event within the portfolio has clearly defined multi-channel communications that utilise the data we hold in-house, working to create revenue opportunities, customer acquisition plans and data acquisition strategies and is the main conduit between the sales and marketing functions within the portfolio.
In addition, the role has responsibility for working with other marketing teams across the department to trial and implement new initiatives and best practice through facilitating collaboration and coordination of marketing activities.
- Plan and execute innovative and revenue-generating, cross-channel marketing campaigns with collaboration from Director of Marketing and the Director leading the event
- Work with marketing operations team to make database selections that enable relevant messages to target segmented audiences and to ensure we analyse real time engagement and monitor effectiveness of all channels
- Execution of all social media marketing channels including providing a plan around key milestones and maximising in-house content for added engagement
- Complete a data audit that identifies gaps and implement a data acquisition strategy that works constantly in the background of all campaigns
- Utilise and suggest improvements to business unit’s Customer Data Platform (CDP) to track lagging and leading indicators on product registrations and take action where necessary
- Keep informed on changes to data privacy and other current data regulations
- Introduce new technologies that nurture our customers’ needs, purpose and value and maximise the opportunities that arise from this data, devising bespoke marketing campaigns to these customer groups
- Work closely with the portfolio’s sales team creating campaigns that enable them to meet their commercial objectives and KPIs and ensure conversion rates for MQLs to SQLs are managed and maintained
Knowledge, Skills, Attitude and Behaviour: •
You will have a proven track record of implementing successful and segmented promotional campaigns
- Working knowledge of current marketing technologies to maximum effectiveness both from a lead generation and also a customer service perspective
- Proven use and understanding of complex databases and segmentation techniques
- Collaboration with sales to increase lead generation and so maximizing sales opportunities
- Capabilities of marketing automation and CRM platforms (Pardot, PowerBI and Salesforce preferred).
- Experience of digital event platforms (desirable).
- General knowledge of all GDPR laws including preference centres and privacy policies.
About Clarion Events
Clarion Events is one of the world’s leading event organisers, producing and delivering innovative and market-leading events since 1947. (https://clarionevents.com/welcome)
Clarion Events embrace diversity and equal opportunities in all that we do. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Clarion is private equity backed and owned by Blackstone. Blackstone is one of the world’s leading global investment funds, investing capital for the long term in order to build successful, resilient businesses. (https://www.blackstone.com/)
Our purpose is to deliver exceptional customer outcomes and experiences, by making every connection count.
Our vision is we want every one of our products to be a market leader in customer satisfaction and delight.
To apply please contact Tracy.firstname.lastname@example.org